XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Apoc On Steam

xziled

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm running it on 64bit Vista and it works well with some crashes. I save the game A LOT. I had to set up my monitor to run in DVI-A, when I was running DVI-D and the graphics sucked.

I don't think the intended goal is for it to crash. Personally I've had no issues with APOC on my x64 vista since getting it, but on my 32bit XP system my APOC game (non steam) randomly crashes when going into battlescape and doesn't have sound. So the steam version is an upgrade in quality compared to if you were to get the original disc (or at least it was for me).

One final note, if you don't have a U.S. IP address you will have issues buying the game on steam.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm running it on 64bit Vista and it works well with some crashes. I save the game A LOT. I had to set up my monitor to run in DVI-A, when I was running DVI-D and the graphics sucked.

I don't think the intended goal is for it to crash. Personally I've had no issues with APOC on my x64 vista since getting it, but on my 32bit XP system my APOC game (non steam) randomly crashes when going into battlescape and doesn't have sound. So the steam version is an upgrade in quality compared to if you were to get the original disc (or at least it was for me).

One final note, if you don't have a U.S. IP address you will have issues buying the game on steam.

The Steam version is very stable and runs well. (In on XP, but my brother has vista) No crashes for us at all.

And I dont know about this USA IP nonsense.... I'm in Canada and I bought the game off steam with no issues at all. (Bought the 5pack for 15$) I also own an original boxed set of Apoc... paid $80 for it when first released. I bought the steam pack to have a nice clean set of XCOM's ready to go with dos box already configured. They did a great job with this re-release. Take2 games I believe holds that copyright... steam is just a digital distributor (I know valve is also a developer....but xcom is not their IP)

The one thing I did notice is the re-release file structure is different, most files are kept inside some kind of proprietary cab like files so most of the hacks and mods out there do not work with the steam version. APOC'D has been updated though to work with the steam version.