XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND-Music Team Members

Raven Squad

I just like to know who are now really working in this project (at music deperment) and what they are doing right now. Please post to this topic so i can keep track of things or send me a pm/email.

edit: spelling

Edited by Raven Squad

I'm totally busy with Xenocide at the moment. But I think you already figured that out :P

At the moment I'm working at the movie songs and the battlescape stuff.

Tomorrow it's my last exam so I'll start working on that "orchestral only" stuff :D

If u want me to do something else, just let me know ;)

Well, I'm working on the Cydonia and entering ground battle tracks with ATeX as you probably know.

• 1 month later...
I haven't posted as much as others here, but it doesn't mean I'm not working =p. Just felt like saying that... haha. Anyway I'm working on the interceptor bgm, battlescape music and I'm starting tomorrow on the mars base music. Me and my team that is. =). :boohoo:

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, but who said I had 100 hours to spare! 

*sigh*  ok, I will try.  Just the sight of more than one button sends me into a panic attack.

hahahaha!! :D yes I know, every beginning is hard!!! but once u got thru a lot of tutorials and learned the hard basic of all the producing stuff, then... the fun begins!!!! mwahahahahaha :devillaugh:

Yeah, but who said I had 100 hours to spare! 

*sigh*  ok, I will try.  Just the sight of more than one button sends me into a panic attack.

Reason is nice and relatively easy to learn (when compared to Sonar and Cubase). I think it is a good starting point for someone who's interested in getting into serious music production. That's not to say it's not for a professional musician though. I just think it's a little easier to pick up and start producing some basic tracks. I also highly recommend FLStudio for someone in your position. It's another package that can produce professional quality without being completely overwhelming. It's also very reasonably priced, making it great for the musician on a budget (that wants a real license). I started with a copy FruityLoops 3 (now FL Studio) that I got for something like $50 and a copy of Acid 1.0 that came with a 2x CD writer way back when. I was able to really get into some serious production with just that. Sure it didn't have the sound quality I can achieve with Sonar, but I could still do almost anything I needed. For the truly budget minded you can just go out and pick up a copy of the Computer Music magazine and use their free studio software. It's a little more difficult to learn, but it is amazingly flexible for a free package. I would avoid the likes of eJay and pretty much anything you would see at store like Best Buy. I think I remember there being one decent package in the group (maybe it's eJay, I really don't remember), but I don't think it's going to be much better than what you can get with a $14 copy of Computer Music magazine (most likely much worse).

As far as what I'm doing musicaly, I'm not really focusing my musical interests on Xenocide right now because it seems like there are multiple people working on different versions of the same music. There also doesn't seem to be much interest in most of the concepts I've posted, and I don't want to spend a lot of time continuing these projects if they won't be used. I'm just way too busy...

-chrisp

I just like to know who are now really working in this project (at music deperment) and what they are doing right now. Please post to this topic so i can keep track of things or send me a pm/email.

I'm new to the project as you already know... So I'd just like to introduce myself to the rest of the crew..

Hi!

I been writing music now for over ten years and have had a couple small drum and bass releases on labels in the US, Australia and the UK.. Am looking forward to laying down some beats for Xenocide..

I'll hit the asset list and choose something which best fits my style..

If anyone wants to hear some things I've done.. there are a few old clips up at http://static.wicked.dj/clips

Peace out

I'm new to the project as you already know... So I'd just like to introduce myself to the rest of the crew..

Hi!

I been writing music now for over ten years and have had a couple small drum and bass releases on labels in the US, Australia and the UK.. Am looking forward to laying down some beats for Xenocide..

I'll hit the asset list and choose something which best fits my style..

If anyone wants to hear some things I've done.. there are a few old clips up at http://static.wicked.dj/clips

Peace out

thats some great science fiction temed songs you have there. I like the way you use the noise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i´m working on some things, but don´t really know what to do ;-)

made some beatz for the viper theme, think its nearly done right know. i didn´t have the fx thingies from atex, but i think its not hard to put them back on it.

so what can i do? i think i lost the topic with a list whats done already, the new structure of the forum confuses me a bit hehe.

and a question to the end: will the music be done in task forces, too, for the future?

greetz dude

OK, so I worked on 3 tracks. I wanted to keep the original xcom feel to them:

I really hope you'll like them. And yes, reason owns.

EDIT: this is the right place to post links to tracks, right?... right?!?

Edited by Julian

Blaah, damn you .ogg-lovers <_ is there any smaller program than winamp to listen those>

To Puasonen:

Look from here http://www.vorbis.com/software.psp?pid=2

To Julian:

Tune1

Interceptor song sounded cool, but synth layer more would not hurt. As song seemed little empty in some places.

Tune2

Now here is something i really like, exept that high playing instrument. Imo that playes too high.

Tune3

I think moody/dark says it all, maybe some low playing strings with little reverb would have added little more tension.

Anyway good work!

PS: I am working with my old and few new song for Xenocide so expect new music from me soon. Also Renoise Rulez :rock: :P

To Raven:

• Tune 1: Yeah, I know what you mean. Tho it's a short piece that's supposed to play for a very short time.
  • Tune 2: High playing instrument? The padded strings?
  • Tune 3: It's already filled with full reverbed strings (very low, of course, but it's there).

Thanks for the kind feedback :)

hi julian, great tracks :)

i really like the interceptor one :)

for your 2nd (jungle) tune, i can make it Loop for you if you want :)

are you able to send it do me in wav format? - i'm a whizz in goldwave with soundwave processing :)

im on blueyonder cable internet, so my mailbox should be ok with about 10megs+ of wav compressed with max compression into winrar format etc

if you want to email it, and if you trust me, i'll pm you my email address :)

regards

paulus

Edited by paulus

btw, guess what just happened...

i was frantically browsing aroudn this forum, in a rush to read up some articles before i went to bed, and during my frantic search for knowledge i actually had your 3rd tune "every dark corner" playing in the background - and guess what...

... it Really really did the trick for me - it went great with my current mood of searching for knowledge - and i think could possibly be cool as one of the UFOpedia music tracks! :)

(maybe even when we target a crash site and either are sending TRITON to a downed UFO or Terror site in a rush before the terror ends, or the UFO repairs itself again, (you know when weve just been scouting and are low on fuel, and it has to refuel again before we can send it out LOL :), (sorry im playing TFTD a lot right now :)

the music could even be in the "LOCK AND LOAD" section where we have to tool up our guys :)

Paulus,

Thanks a lot :) It's always quite pleasing to know someone likes your tracks.

For the loop, I think I'll try to figure something out myself (after all, I can make tracks loop usually, it's just that I was short in the inspiration department at the time). Anyway, if I can't find something I'll be glad to have your help.

• 1 month later...

i'm new here, but i did make a short little clip for the interception sequence.

it's a bit more "rockin'" then the music in x-com... but i think it goes well with shooting ufo's.

anyway let me know what you think...

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/wallpaper

you'll see Clips: it's the one that mentions Eminor

i'd direct link it but angelfire won't allow me to do that.

anyway just a breif sample...

you know help me get an idea of what you guys are looking for musically. (not every single track is going to be ambient and dark i'd hope)

i'm new here, but i did make a short little clip for the interception sequence.

it's a bit more "rockin'" then the music in x-com... but i think it goes well with shooting ufo's.

Hi Blane, it's certainly very rocky :)

but it's good. - i can just imagine the ufo laser and xcom missile sounds hiting each other :)