XCOMUFO & Xenocide

How Do I Download The Source?

Nataku

Hi, I was wondering how do I download the source code?

I asked if I could help with coding and was given the information, but then I got lost at the point where everything is installed but not sure how to get the source code LOL.

haven't been developing like this before.

thanks

Hi, I was wondering how do I download the source code?

I asked if I could help with coding and was given the information, but then I got lost at the point where everything is installed but not sure how to get the source code LOL.

haven't been developing like this before.

thanks

Oops. Sometimes I forget that not everyone is familiar with Subversion.

I've updated the Wiki, so hopefully this won't happen again.

Edited by dteviot

Thanks alot guys :D

Just one more question, I keep getting this error => "Both a valid vertex shader and pixel shader (or valid effect) must be set on the device before draw operations may be performed."

I checked the net and they said that it's the graphic card but when I checked ati's site they said it supports shader 1.1. any ideas?

it's a Radeon 9250 btw.

gonna try this on my laptop too later, just wondering if i can get the desktop at work going so i can work on it when there is nothing to do LOL

Just one more question, I keep getting this error => "Both a valid vertex shader and pixel shader (or valid effect) must be set on the device before draw operations may be performed."

I checked the net and they said that it's the graphic card but when I checked ati's site they said it supports shader 1.1. any ideas?

it's a Radeon 9250 btw.

It's probably because the Geoscape shader is a 2.0 shader.

It's probably because the Geoscape shader is a 2.0 shader.

oooooo LOL good info :P guess i have to play with it with my laptop/home desktop (which ever works)

Well, the other option is you could butcher the shader and make it 1.0.

Would not be very difficult (I think.) Really, just fold all the skybox textures into a single atlas and update the skybox to use the atlas. Then for geoscape render, provide two pixel shaders. For the 1.1 shader, take out the bump mapping.

In fact, easiest thing to do would be look at the changes that have been made to GeoscapeScene.cs http://svn.projectxenocide.com/xenocide/xn...eoscapeScene.cs

Up to build 1693, a BasicEffect was used to render the Geoscape, and that was Shader 1.1 compatable.

So, you could add code to GeoscapeScene to see what shader version is supported. If it's only 1.1, then use the BasicEffect code. If Shader 2.0 is available, then use the shader code.

Edited by dteviot

Would not be very difficult (I think.) Really, just fold all the skybox textures into a single atlas and update the skybox to use the atlas. Then for geoscape render, provide two pixel shaders. For the 1.1 shader, take out the bump mapping.

In fact, easiest thing to do would be look at the changes that have been made to GeoscapeScene.cs http://svn.projectxenocide.com/xenocide/xn...eoscapeScene.cs

Up to build 1693, a BasicEffect was used to render the Geoscape, and that was Shader 1.1 compatable.

So, you could add code to GeoscapeScene to see what shader version is supported. If it's only 1.1, then use the BasicEffect code. If Shader 2.0 is available, then use the shader code.

Which would be a nice option to have in Xenocide anyway... :rolleyes:

Which would be a nice option to have in Xenocide anyway... :rolleyes:

I'll make you a deal. If someone can put together a texture atlas for the skybox, I can change the skybox shader to a v1.1 shader. And I'll add a v1.1 Geoscape shader as well. Notes for creating the skybox texture atlas. Basically, take the 6 images that are used for the skybox (back.jpg, bottom.jpg, front.jpg, left.jpg, right.jpg top.jpg at http://svn.projectxenocide.com/xenocide/xn...xtures/Geoscape, reduce them vertically by half, and horizontally to a third, and then put them together in a single 1024 x 1024 image as:

+--------+--------+-------+
|		|		|	   |
|  Left  |  Back  | Right |
|		|		|	   |
|		|		|	   |
| bottom |  front |  top  |
|		|		|	   |

Edited by dteviot

I'll make you a deal. If someone can put together a texture atlas for the skybox, I can change the skybox shader to a v1.1 shader. And I'll add a v1.1 Geoscape shader as well. Notes for creating the skybox texture atlas. Basically, take the 6 images that are used for the skybox (back.jpg, bottom.jpg, front.jpg, left.jpg, right.jpg top.jpg at http://svn.projectxenocide.com/xenocide/xn...xtures/Geoscape, reduce them vertically by half, and horizontally to a third, and then put them together in a single 1024 x 1024 image as:

That is much appreciated! :) Thanks :)

Darkhomb, let me know if I can somehow help you with this - same goes for you david, although I guess I won't be much of a help for you.

* tileset.zip: Contains the psd with the resized skybox images, at their according positions (as dteviot asked in his code tags)

Of course, there was a 3-4 pixel gap on the right, unacceptable.

So:

* full jpeg tileset.zip: Contains a complete 1024x1024 image. 12/12 Maximum quality, optimized baseline

* full png tileset.zip: A png version of the above image, just in case you need it...

I hope they are good enough

Thanks kafros. Please note, it may be a couple of days before I get the shaders done.