XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Where is my Skyranger unit?

zemar

although i liked parts of about apocalypse

one thing that annoys me is the lack of a true skyranger as a beginning vehicle

since you need to fly to reach ufos the Wolfhound APC does not cut it not to mention even if it could drive to the ufo the road often gets blown up so its useless. This sucks because at $9000 this would have been a great starter deal :(

instead we have to use a over expensive Valkyrie Interceptor or even more so a hawk air warrior WTF

for this price i could have bought a APC (if it worked) and a fleet of hovercars and bikes which are better in combat

the Valkyrie Interceptor tries to do both and sucks at both when compared the others YOU FAIL! =p

Give us something like the Bio-Trans but cant fly into the alien dimension.

No weapons, lots of cargo space for the extra passenger modules and it can fly (why does the basic model only have space for 4 guys?)

all for only $12000 i'll take it

Give me back a good skyranger please

Edited by zemar

The one you get at the start is free though, just don't use it for combat after week 1 (it is much too weak for any real fight as you said) and you won't face any transportation problems.

To fix the broken roads I recommend roadwar :) it's in the user created utilities forum. Doesn't allow you to use the APC to get to crash sites however. EDIT: actually I can make UFO's crash on roads most of the time... Maybe I'll include it in roadwar. EDIT2; unfortunately ground vehicles won't recover UFO's even if they crashed on the road

I suppose you could use an editor and allow the purchase of airtrans vehicles... Though you will need to copy&rename one of the equipment background pics in order to be able to equip one or the game would crash instead! It also comes with a bio-transport module so maybe it should only become available from week 2. Other than that I think it meets your requirements quite well :)

Edited by j'ordos

Just a useless point: In UFO, the Skyranger was more expensive than the Interceptor.

I think whoever originally set up the Biotrans was thinking of using it more as a courier van rather than for busing troops around - judging by the modules it comes with. But it's got buckets of room for customizing it into whatever non-combat vehicle you want, so there's no real problem with the seating. At the very least it gives the seat module purpose. ;)

Actually, that begs a question. How many people actively purchase more Valkyrie interceptors for use? The free Valykrie (which you might have noticed comes with a downgraded default engine) is generally all you need to cover your all-purpose-get-anywhere troop transport until you get the advanced ships.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Just a useless point: In UFO, the Skyranger was more expensive than the Interceptor.

You are wrong! In UFO: Enemy Unknow (aka X-COM: UFO Defense) Interceptor costs 600 000 dollars per month, while Skyranger costs 500 000.

Skyranger was NOT more expensive than the Interceptor, look into Wiki for Interceptor and Skyranger.

Hah, that makes it doubly useless. ROFL

I was mixing it up with the Lightning/Firestorm pairing which does have the high/low prices reversed.

- NKF

Edited by NKF