3 replies to this topic

#1 Warface

Warface

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I have a COMPLETE cheat-free Superhuman mode saved game with 8 specialized bases, 28 Avengers, dozens of psionics, mountains of blaster bombs, HWPs, etc. I only use Seb's loader for the rearranged starting base, the TFTD/PSX doors, and things like extra smoke and stats on loadout. All that is left to do is use the scientists in the laboratory to research Cydonia.

I also have nearly $400 million and can't spend the money fast enough, even when I nuke entire ships on raids and keep only the elerium. I have around $2 million from supply ship loot after destroying power sources and navigation (but not all alien gear).

Funding is irrelevant. I have to make meaningless purchases or scrap HWPs to make my money go down.

I know I could start over; I've done it numerous times. I keep this game specifically for its 1337ness.

My question is this: Will my cash value eventually roll over to zero or negative due to old coding?

#2 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Yes, it will roll over.

I forget how many bits are used to store money, but assuming a signed double integer (32-bits), it will probably roll over from $2,147,483,647-ish to $-2,147,483,646-ish, and vice versa.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#3 yarrow

yarrow

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

to be exact ^_^

max for signed integer ( 32 bits ) is:
7F FF FF FF

use windows calculator and input this number in a hex 'mode'