1 reply to this topic

#1 UltraSnaky

UltraSnaky

Squaddie

• New Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

I don't think this is exclusive to XCOM, but whatever. Anyway, in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom UFO Defense\XCOM\SOUND, as you may know, it has the music for the game in MIDI Sequence formats. Before, I could listen to the music fine, but recently, I've started to get error C00D1199: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.". I know for a fact that the MIDI files are supported by Windows Media Player because, like I said, they were fine before. I has XCOMutil so I restored everything and yet it still gives me that error. Anyway, what I'm actually trying to do is use - well, I can't remember whose *sniff* - patch that makes the game play PSX mp3 files instead of the crappy MIDI ones. The reason I am trying to listen to the MIDI files is so that I know what to rename the mp3 files - e.g. GMNEWMAR. I don't know which track that is, so I don't know which mp3 file to rename. So, if anyone could tell me when all the different soundtracks play, it would be appreciated.

Edited by UltraSnaky, 16 December 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#2 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Might pay to launch dxdiag via start/run and do a diagnostic on the midi/synth. Maybe even use different midi/synth output if you have the option. It might work.

Anyway, let's see...I think it went:

GMIntro1.mid ~ GMIntro3.mid - intro music
GMDefend.mid - mission briefing screen
GMenbase.mid - base defense briefing
GMGeo1.mid - contains 2 of the geoscape sequence songs
GMGeo2.mid - same
GMInter.mid - iIntercept music
GMMars.mid - post-mission tally screen
GMNewMar.mid - Cydonia briefing
GMStory.mid - menu screen / outro (bad-end)
GMTactic.mid - battlescape music
GMWin.mid - outro (good end)

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

Reply to this topic