XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART - Heavy Laser Rifle

mikker

Ok, sorry I missed that ;). Looking awesome.

I'm trying to add that to XNet since XNet entry for Laser Pistol is finished also. Expect some in-game content soon :D

EDIT: btw, great job, it works out-of-the-box (with minor renaming of files, check file naming conventions at wiki if you want, but renaming is actually what Programming can do for ya ;) )

Edited by guyver6

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The laser pistol should be attached farther up, if it's not let me know and I can reattach the final model.

Alright, can some one please give this a go? when i view it its blue... Its funny that something that is created you cannot view because you have a crappy video card...

*woops forgot to actualy attach it*

If you want the textures either ask me or vaaish... its not letting me attach em...

Exports.zip ( 30.92k ) Number of downloads: 9

ok here are the textures for the las pistol. you will have to relink the files since the new images are png instead of tif.

tex.zip ( 1.96mb ) Number of downloads: 9

Edited by Darkhomb

hey fux.

I'm wondering why you cut of so much detail. Parts of it look kindda bad now.

Oh, and shall I UV map the thing?

Edited by mikker

I guess we both have our opinions on that one.

There was a lot of superfluous poligons that could have been better expressed in textures. Personally, I find it easier to add polies to a low poly model than to subtract them from a high definition one.

I believe that Shinzon is handling the texture map. It should be alright.

Don't worry to much about it mikker... It looks good to me, I already have some ideas on what to do...

I can unrawp it as well, but if you insist you can do it...

nah, you can do it.

But can't you, I mean, zoom in X-net? And the battlescape model will be much much smaller, so many more details can go.

Okay, I give. But I don't like seeing my models bad! :P

nah, you can do it.

But can't you, I mean, zoom in X-net? And the battlescape model will be much much smaller, so many more details can go.

Okay, I give. But I don't like seeing my models bad!  :P

I'm pretty positive that there will be a limit on zoom in Xnet or no zoom at alland just have the item framed in the window.

nah, you can do it.

Okay, I give. But I don't like seeing my models bad!  :P

I'm pretty positive that there will be a limit on zoom in Xnet or no zoom at alland just have the item framed in the window.

There are no *technical* limitations on zooming within xnet - in fact its alrealdy coded.

Also, limits are alrealdy set up, but can be defined per camera. I'd prefer to avoid having a camera definition for every model though. Where possible, models should share camera definitions. Take a look at xnetcamera.x{ml,sd} if you're interested.

I've no idea what the final UI controls will be though, I just code the stuff, not design it ;)

Or was that not what you meant?

Ta

Ben

EDIT: In case of misunderstanding, I have no opinion whatsoever on any model - thats arts job :)

Edited by bpuk

• 9 months later...

certainly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/mikker/Xenocide/hevlaserrifle.jpg