XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Aww Crap

I'm playing through my first colony assault, and everything is going well with my ION armored sonic weapon wielding badasses. I beat the snot out of the base and only lost the tank... but now I'm stuck. Theres an alien SOMEWHERE in the bottom level that either didn't die and woke up, or is in a closet maybe? I've killed 40 total thus far, with two stunned I think. What should I do?

Would I be able to find this bugger in XCOM Util? I've never done anything like this before. Maybe I should give the team motion scanners? Can I even do that?

Yes, xcomutil will find him, but i recommend sending a squad of 6 down to look for him. You just should move slowly and let your reaction time take a chance. If its a tentaculat, then you may have problems, but a good Dpl(or two, or three) or maybe some sonic pulsars would help kill it. Just use your reaction time to find him

Scanners only work if the aliens moves. The one thing about TFTD AI that differs a lot from UFO AI is that TFTD AI like to camp a lot, so detecting a hidden alien can be tough.

- NKF

[quote name='Delicious Weenies!' date='Jan 11 2005, 12:48 AM']I'm playing through my first colony assault, and everything is going well with my ION armored sonic weapon wielding badasses. I beat the snot out of the base and only lost the tank... but now I'm stuck. Theres an alien SOMEWHERE in the bottom level that either didn't die and woke up, or is in a closet maybe? I've killed 40 total thus far, with two stunned I think. What should I do?

Would I be able to find this bugger in XCOM Util? I've never done anything like this before. Maybe I should give the team motion scanners? Can I even do that?
[right][post="106781"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I guess you looked into every corner by now. I think there is a bug and some aliens are placed outside the walls. So my advice (that worked for me several times) is to shoot with a Disruptor Pulse Launcher the north-east corner of the base. Actually save and check-shoot every corner of the base (north area) and start first with level 0. And shoot twice, just to be sure. If not, quick reload

Found him! Turns out it was a freshly awoken Lobstey (commander!) who was meandering around in the alien control room. I gave him a zap from the stun stick and promptly ended it with no human casualties.

Total aliens killed: 41
Live aliens nabbed: 9 (including a squad leader, technician, and commander... all lobstermen)

And no need for the editor too! W00t!

I can't wait for DPL research to get done. It will be some much easier to just fire and forget. :)

Oh man, I just imagined how long clearing T'leth will take *shudders*

Actually, I cleared out T'leth in less than an hour. Course, I did it the easy way. I hired a shitload of recruits, and sent them all on a leviathan. Armed them all with DPLs and as much ammo as they could carry, then sent out one trooper at a time to find the exits to the levels. As soon as they find an exit, the rest of my men scramble over there. First level I lost 4 guys, second level I lost 6, but the last I think I only lost two to stun launchers. Some of them had MI Armor, but a good 2/3 of them were wearing nothing but the launcher, LOL Edited by Kindred

• 8 months later...
Xcomutil once claimed there was an alien stuck in some impossible spot (like 255,254 or something like that) during the last part of an alien colony assault. Couldn't find it by turn 100 or so, had to use xcomutil to kill it for me. I felt cheap, but apparently it's sometimes necessary, because even with the whole map revealed that alien could not be found--guess it was totally inaccessable.

255 by 254? No wonder, your alien was well off the map!

Normal map dimensions can only go up to a maximum of 60x60 with 4 elevations.

- NKF

• 7 months later...

Yes you can find him with xcomutil. Note that you may have to use xcom util as the game has a bug that sometimes spawns an alien in the blackness outseide the main complex which only xcomutil can find - if so you cant get to him and will have to concede the level.

Just take the stunned Lobbie commander with you when you leave and everything will be OK...

Count yourself lucky you had armour and weapons. On one island terror mission I forgot to pack grenades, so my paper-armour and gauss-wielding soldiers were finding one last gill man. He was in the spiral room under one of the hills. With no explosives I was forced to send in my men one at a time. A third of them died, after having lost only 1 other man the whole mission.