XCOMUFO & Xenocide

General Questions On Raiding

Cornuthaum

A.) I want to get raided in my base. Ever since I surrounded the lift with security stations (week 1) not even the cult comes to me in retaliation after i blow up their scroungly temples.

B.) Whom can I afford to piss off and make do with the loot? Marsec is out of the question for "real" raiding (not counting stunraiding them). I wish to explore new avenues in the game aside from the same old stupid aliens who die from toxiguns within seconds (dual toxiguns on six agents with B-toxin and eight spare clips are all that one needs to clean out a mothership >.<)

CoSirius is a primary raid target anyway, both for the psiclone and the loot (plasma guns! :) )

Sigh. :(

Capturing Micronoids is the only challenge I've found so far in Apoc >_< (if only the cityscape layout on hard/superhuman were better... the only problem I see with superhuman is that cash would be ridiculously short on all ends :( )

Trust me, once you start getting used to the superhuman map and the difficulty, there's no turning back unless you're really hankering for a taste of the old maps again. Money shouldn't be a problem. There's heaps more aliens to deal with. More aliens equals more devestators and boomeroids to sell off in later missions, allowing you to amass a considerable amount of capital to launch a few workshops into action right away, and crank out interdimensional ships for sale. Alas, on superhuman, the points that you get are also much greater, so alien technology rollout is much faster.

---

As for companies to raid - any company that does not provide you with any direct benefits is a good company to pick as a secondary or tertiary enemy.

Your best secondary enemy should consist of one of the gangs. I like going after Osiron or Psyke. Diablo still have the incendiary grenades for sale if they take your fancy, otherwise go after all three.

For a third enemy, one of the two political companies are good targets. Nutrivend. The gravball league. Sensovision. I have on few occasions got into bad relations with Sanctuary Clinic and Lifetree thanks to excessive collateral damage to the cityscape! Marsec can also be your enemy once you're fully self reliant and are using equipment that you can produce, but it's better to stay friends with them anyway. They got the launchers for the nigh invincible toxin bug spray that you'll get later on.

If you've got it all worked out, you can even let Transtellar be an enemy. You just have to make sure that you no longer have to transfer techs between bases, hire them at the base you need them and any and all equipment that you want transferred can be manhandled by your agents and/or ships - or send the troops and ships to the storage base and have them re-armed there. New research samples should be manually dropped off at the research base (preferably your assault base for convenience sake) by making a stop there and unloading your stash. Recharging and infinite ammo weapons for ships are a boon to the cause. Seriously though, stay on happy terms with them as much as possible merely for the convenience.

The actual raid on your base is a random event. Random events are random, so you can never force them to happen, and worse of all they do not always happen the same way, if at all, if you reload at an earlier time.

Still, the more enemies you make, the greater the chance someone's going to attack you.

---

Micronoids - there are two prime locations to capture them. Alien Bombers ( the green UFO with the nasty death-of-hoverbikes-peas-to-others the multibomb) and the very first alien building in the alien dimension. I make it a habit of going after the ones in the first alien building. With that, if you stuff up and kill all the micronoids, you can abort the mission without completing the objectives and retry it over and over again until your fingers go numb. But bombers are your last chance should you miss your chance in the first building. A bomber always respawns each week if they're all destroyed.

Hint: Get an android, a low powered weapon (to knock health down to a stunnable level - i.e.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

a) Nutrivend!!!

They are rich enough to raid you and dont give you any really important benifits. You can try Evonet as well as they are in the same category but are more poor generally.

B) The gangs tend to put up a good fight and give good loot and thier bases more varied then the Cults pretty standard two types of temple. Solmine usually has a lot of elerium and if you make enemies with them you only lose the ability to buy the elerium you steal from them anyway LOL .

There's an especially good reason to go against Evonet when you play the Superhuman map.

Go to the base that's on the western edge of the map. This is the warehouse base that the game usually picks out for you and has a layout that looks like an S on its side. It's just south of the Temple of the Apocalypse the big Cult structure. Check who owns the Recyclotorium right next door to the base.

Yep.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Well, you can't. The Recyclotorium is owned by X-Com. Just start a brief superhuman game and check the ownership of the building. You can't really do anything with it, although you can damage it without repercussion if you need to reduce your score level for any particular reason. But anyway, since you own a recyclotorium, Evonet are therefore your competition.

Apocalypse's superhuman level is hard, but it's nothing like the generation gap from beginner and superhuman in UFO and TFTD. If you've had experience in the mid-level game, you may as well jump right into it. You'll probably never look back. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Don't remind me .... I went from TFTD Novice to Hard, and right back to Beginner .... TFTD is easily amongst the hardest games I -ever- played. Ever, ever, EVER.

UFO is so ridiculously much easier (even the stupidest rookie can hit a barn with heavy plasma burst fire) that any comparison of difficulty falls ridiculously short :x

Getting people to raid you is hard, at least from what I found. I recommend angering as many organizations as possible. This should give you more random chances to be raided.

Superhuman in Apoc isn't very hard. Sure, the initial city is larger, and there's more infestations off the bat. But the extra missions don't wear you down much more than on beginner. You tend to have plenty of time to fully rest up between UFO events. As long as you do well on any other difficulty, superhuman won't be much different.

However, since alien tech comes earlier on superhuman, you should start an extra quantum physics and bio lab from day one. Stock them as early as you can, more techs is far better than quality techs. Upgrading scientists is a sneaky expenditure, the cost will build up much faster than you think. When they're done, you'll have a big list of stuff that needs researching. This will let you keep up with alien tech throughout the game. Build a third lab starting the second or third week, if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...