XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Base Facilities

Danial

I'd like to add floor-plans of the X-COM Base Facilities to my UFOpaedia, but I need some help to figure out exactly which map is which facility. Here's a link to the graphics and what I think they might be: Basebits

If anyone could confirm these it would be greatly appreciated :D

Cool, I've been looking for one of these for awhile now:)

I noticed though that going by where the stairs are, these are mostly top levels to two story facilities (although the access lift pic looks like its the first level). I wouldn't mind seeing the lower levels as well with these myself. I like to know if there are any places to duck under stairs or closets or something heh.

Speaking of that, I wonder how much of the floor plan changes at all for things like offices or tank closets when facilities are connected. Do little structural things get added like this due to connecting corridors with neighboring facilities that aren't in the normal structure layouts?

My hunch is that's true and if it is, now I wonder how the game decides what to generate what connecting room feature to what when corridors connect the facilities (is it random or a standard affair?).

Eh, nothing terribly special, to tell the truth. The game just knocks out 3 walls along the east edge and 3 walls along the south edge, depending on where the adjacent module is, and that provides access. That's pretty much it. The game forgets to knock out some walls along the right and lower edges of the base module slots, and that's the cause of the base disjoint bug.

If you ran XComutil's setup program, you'll see exactly where these connecting walls used to be. The bits of dirt sticking out of the wall are a good indication of where the walls were.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

I noticed though that going by where the stairs are, these are mostly top levels to two story facilities (although the access lift pic looks like its the first level).  I wouldn't mind seeing the lower levels as well with these myself. I like to know if there are any places to duck under stairs or closets or something heh.

I've only displayed the top levels for identification purposes. Once I add them to my UFOpaedia, they'll be Level-selectable just like the UFO Floorplans are!