XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tabletop Xcom Wargame

Anthraxus

I received an email exactly two months ago from one of the creators of the game. It is as follows:

People,

A friend of mine, Paul and myself were sitting down one day complaining about the lack of decent computer games anymore and saying that XCom: Enemy Unknown was one of the best we had ever played. Not having the skills to reprogram it for multiplayer, we decided to make a tabletop version of it.

http://babylon.alphacomplex.org/~xcom/

Thus was born XCom: Tactical. Based on the enemy unknown (ufo defence) section of the universe, we developed a rule system and game play system very similar to the computer game, but streamlined for people to do the calculations. We modified maps and images to suit the style, some were redone from scratch, some were just modified. There are a couple of new weapons, but no major changes from the world was done.

You can play as either side, XCom or Alien. You can even play XCom vs XCom. Different alien types will only work with others of the same type. (Otherwise we discovered Ethereal and Chrysalid were an unstoppable combination).

It is a very fun game for 2-10 players. Well worth the time to play. If you think it is worth it, please make a link on your site to ours and tell people, and we will do the same.

Many thanks

Evan Leybourn

So have they made figures to play with or is it up to the player to do those by themselves?

So have they made figures to play with or is it up to the player to do those by themselves?

they give you everything: the tokens, the character sheets, the terrain, the manual (whcih i'll read on later), everything! just grab all the stuff from the Downloads page (there's a zip there with it all)

• 1 year later...
Imagine an X-COM Tabletop Wargame by Games-Workshop, now that would be awesome due to being around for 3 or so decades with a wide variety of different games and models. If this were to happen, the Sectoid would be skinny as! xD