2 replies to this topic

#1 Blitzen

Blitzen

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:04 PM

Just though t I'd point out a bug in the origianal x-com game.

when you are loading your man it is possible to double load a slot. load an item into one slot click in a non area tile (inbetween backpack and belt for instance) then select the item you just loaded and move it to another slot. It will dissiapear and you can put another Item in that slot at which point both will be there. Repeat. Using this method I was able to equip 1 soldier with 2 pistols(1 laser 1 plasma) and 5 clips(1 in the plasma pistol), 40 grenades, 1 motion scanner, and 1 prox grenade... he was overwrigt as all get but after doing this in 10 missions he was mister buff and quite deadly. I don't know if this bug relates to the infinate reload bug in UFO2000 but they seemed similar so I will report this bug.
[MC]T_II_JudgmentDay
[MC]T_II_Judgment
[MC]TerminatorII
Blitzen

Freelancer
Hyperiums

And Now UFO2000!

Detective: "He died from a drug overdose."
Officer: "Really? Which one?"
Detective: "Lead."

#2 Kratos

Kratos

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:13 PM

We the developers of ufo2k really aren't responsible for the original xcom's bugs. Also, our battle system doesn't have such a bug (at least nobody reported). Moving to xcom 1 forums...

Edited by Kratos, 18 December 2005 - 06:14 PM.

#3 Zombie

Zombie

Colonel

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:14 PM

Technically, this really is not a bug in X-COM. The method that Blitzen describes is called "stacking". The AI utilizes stacking to put items on the right leg slot (default) of aliens. Normally the items that are placed there are extra ammo, grenades and Mind Probes, but on some occasions even weapons can get dumped there. :wink1:

For X-COM soldiers, this is a way to double-up the amount of things he/she can carry. It also is a way to re-enable the melee attack (aka "Hit" command) which was left out of the final version of the game. For more information on the stacking trick, visit this page in the ufopaedia wiki.

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie, 18 December 2005 - 07:17 PM.

The Mr. Grognard of X-COM

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

Reply to this topic