4 replies to this topic

#1 3D Master

3D Master

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

So I got a terror mission of a passenger ship. I've killed myself a boatload (literally :D) of aliens, and uncovered everything on the ship, but still there must be an alien somewhere. I got no motion detectors so I'm aimlessly walking throughout the ship. I must haved covered it at least three times now, but still no last alien.

Does anyone have a trick for me on how to find a last alien? Or some hack that allows to me see the damn thing so I can go to it?

#2 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Quite frequently one alien likes to hide in a one tile closet, and doesn't move. Equally frequently, this alien would love for you to find it so it can reaction fire an entire squad dead too.

I believe there are various editors which can show you the entire map, where aliens are etc, but I can't recall them off the top of my head, sorry. Have a poke around the TFTF forums here.
Posted Image

#3 3D Master

3D Master

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

Quite frequently one alien likes to hide in a one tile closet, and doesn't move. Equally frequently, this alien would love for you to find it so it can reaction fire an entire squad dead too.

I believe there are various editors which can show you the entire map, where aliens are etc, but I can't recall them off the top of my head, sorry. Have a poke around the TFTF forums here.

Found one, found the alien.

The strange thing is, I'm pretty sure I checked that closet several times over, yet, never saw it.

#4 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Problem is you actually have to attempt to enter the closet before you see the alien, its a similar circumstance to where you can't see through a fence on certain occasions on Enemy Unknown, a quirk of the system (read as BUUUUUUUUUUUUG! :D)
Posted Image

#5 BladeFireLight

BladeFireLight

Captain

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

The routes file for the pasenger ship frequently makes aliens end up in the closet. Once you know what closets the search the other ones can be ignored.

-Blade FireLight
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat is very simple, there is a first place and second place, second place is laying face down in the mud, sometimes, so is first place.