#1 bamb

bamb

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:46 PM

This is a superiorly fun gamemode!

Player 1 must have at least half of his team alive after a certain fixed time of turns. And player 2 tries to kill as many player 2 units as possible of course before the time ends. Player 1 starts in a central box and player 2 at the map edges.
I recommend playing this to people. The games are shorter than deathmatches and more tense. 8 turns is a good turn limit but of course depends on your playstyle. And 6x6 maps of course.

But to the bugs.

First of all the text is misleading.
Player 1 must keep at least half of his team alive, rounded UP. Not rounded down as it says in the rule dialog box. If I have 7 soldiers and 4 get killed, I have half rounded down still left, but the game ends for my loss. Player 2:s instructions don't need to be changed, he needs to kill over half the team rounded down. (ie 4 kills out of 7 is enough kills for victory (half of 7 rounded down = 3 and then + 1 for over.)

Then there is a more serious bug:
edit: The game ends two turns too early. If I set 8 half turns, it ends at 6, if I set 10 half turns, it ends at 8.

Edited by bamb, 16 August 2007 - 06:59 PM.

#2 Popek

Popek

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

to further add to the confusion surrounding the victory conditions and the text, there is a extremely serious bug.

Player 1 will win the game as soon as half his team is killed and the turn is ended. Player 2 should be the winner in this situation, but can only manage by killing MORE than half of player 1's team in the same turn... which is akward.

while it's a fun scenario, it's safe to say it's not in a playable condition

#3 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

Question: Has this bug occurred more than once or is this the first time it happens?

#4 Popek

Popek

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

the bug i mentioned, i can repeat consistently.