5 replies to this topic

#1 Litande

Litande

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

I'm having an error when I log into the UFO2000 server. It does not display any other names in the Users Online box, although I know others are online because they chat to me.

It only displays my name, so I have not been able to challange anyone or play a multiplayer game.

Has anyone else expirenced this? Am I missing files or do I need an update for UFO2000?

#2 Da Bad Adder

Da Bad Adder

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

You will probably find that their names have a UTTO prefix attached. This is because they are using UTTO (UfoTwoThousandOrganiser). It is the awesome lobby extension and organiser made by Intri. you can find it here:UTTO.
"The thing's hollow - it goes on for ever - and - oh my God - it's full of tsars!"

#3 Litande

Litande

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Okay, I downloaded the last UTTO version for windows. However, it needs mingwm.dll and probably additional files. I thought I could download them from the UTTO website but it was very confusing.

#4 Intri

Intri

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:29 AM

I guess you downloaded from the first link which contains Utto without libraries. I forgot to update the link to Fuel's Utto download site on my page, sorry :wacko: The link is: http://www.7kplay.net/phpBB3/utto.php
You can download the Utto with all libraries from that site.
Invisible users appear also when they are using other Ufo2000 version e.g. 0.9.1086 - you can talk with them but they don't appear on the list in 0.9.1105 version of the game. It's not a bug, it prevents from making matches with two different versions of the game.

#5 Da Bad Adder

Da Bad Adder

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

Ah i forgot about the version difference thing, its probably that, tbh. do you have the latest beta? if no then, get it. :P
"The thing's hollow - it goes on for ever - and - oh my God - it's full of tsars!"

#6 Litande

Litande

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

Intri, I downloaded it and everything seems to be working!

I think I don't have the latest beta, I have version 0.7.1086, so there is probably a newer version! LOL

Thanks Intri and Bad Adder for helping me out.