Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:32 AM
ps i have win xp pro
Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:01 AM
2. Open the folder where you made this file.
3. Click Tools->Folder Options->view
4. In the advanced settings windows there's an option hide extensions for known file types
5. Click it so the checkbox becomes empty and click ok
6. Right click the MySavedGame.exe and click rename
7. Change the file name to MySavedGame.ex_
8. That's it!
Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:21 AM
ren "mysavedgame.ex_" "mysavedgane.exe"
Make sure you use the parenthesis for long file names (anything beyond the 8.3 filename format, and if you're using spaces). In pure dos, this won't work.
Alternately, instead of ren, you can type rename.
If you have winzip, and the self extracting archive was made in winzip, you can probably open the file like an ordinary zip file regardless of its extension and then manually uncompress the files into any folder of your choosing.
Number of members: 1
Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:49 AM
ren mysavedgame.exe mysavedgame.ex_