XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Vehicles

Aroth

Xenocide 1.0 will be a remake of Xcom: UFO defense/ Enemy Unknown. No more no less.

More will come after 1.0

What exactly are you asking? Do you mean, will yuo be inserted into combat in a craft? Then yes. Do you mean have HWP's? Then yes. Do you mean completely new ground vehicles? Then no, at least not in the initial release.

If your're a little more specific, perhaps I can answer better though.
Gold

Perhaps we can add subs in V1+ so that it becomes a combination of XCOM1 and XCOM2. After that, we could add cityscapes a la Apoc so that you have to defend the capital cities of the world. Then, we can add an XCOM: Interceptor style UFO shooting down. :LOL:

All the xcoms in one! We could make the game huge! :D

[quote name='miceless' date='Jul 30 2003, 01:53 AM']Perhaps we can add subs in V1+ so that it becomes a combination of XCOM1 and XCOM2. After that, we could add cityscapes a la Apoc so that you have to defend the capital cities of the world. Then, we can add an XCOM: Interceptor style UFO shooting down. :LOL:

All the xcoms in one! We could make the game huge! :D[/quote]
Don't forget "enforcer", battlescape type options:

-turn based
-real time
-1. person shooter

:D

[quote]What about driveable vehicles for both aliens and humans on the battlescape...basically an HWP but one a soldier can get into...[/quote]

Or more, if the guys can code it, perhaps you could have these humongous maps that you could use troop transports in, not meaning the planes, but shorter range transports, like jeeps and such... But that's more like V1+ or maybe even V2+ or V3+!

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, a first person combat mode would be pretty cool, actually. But it would have to follow the normal battlescape rules though, (except tu's) for instance one hit and your dead. Are we going to have side stepping in the normal battlescape?

Anyway, a jeep able to carry people would take up a lot of space in the skyranger. Maby we could strap one vehicle on the bottom?

_____
-------\
ttttttttt

T=tank/jeep/whatever

We could have a bonus battlescape, at some point or another. You are at the back of a jeep and shooting terrorist aliens attacking the jeep. Some aliens could also shoot at you. That would be great fun!

[quote]IMO i dont like this jeep/warthog idea... its going to far from the original[/quote]

Why are you people too afraid to take the next step? Why does Xenocide have to be only a X-Com remake, why not an X-Com remake and then some?

[quote]its bad enough we are talkin about a starcraft race mockup[/quote]

When? Where?

[quote]QUOTE 
its bad enough we are talkin about a starcraft race mockup

When? Where?[/quote]

[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=1887"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums//index.php?s...?showtopic=1887[/url]

its not so much the afraid to take it to the next step, im all about the next step, i just dont like the idea of any first person stuff, i think it would be cool to have warthog kinda vehicle for my guys that way it can drive 60 TUs and they still have all their TUs so they can run another 30 TUs and then shoot ...

[quote]i think it would be cool to have warthog kinda vehicle for my guys that way it can drive 60 TUs and they still have all their TUs so they can run another 30 TUs and then shoot ...[/quote]

<_< Hmm, then again, maybe it's not that much of a good idea. Then again, if we make Apoc the aim for V3, then jeeps should be definedly in, but I dunno... We'll see...

The first person perspective was tossed around some in regard to the multiplayer ideas. You could have each player control a soldier in real time in the battlescape like all your classic doom-based formats. Very similar to the Last Hope mod for halflife.

My issue with making the game a FPS with vehicles and all that is, why not make a mod for halflife then? Or any other FPS, just texture guys to look like xcom units and you're done. Xcom is not a FPS, that's part of its core. Once it's out and running (or even right now) anyone can take the code and make whatever changes they want, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a couple years on making this the most complex FPS mod ever...

But again, there are tons of multiplayer ideas floating around, and eventually something like this might even make its way in as a mod as well. It's just much easier to talk about than make. -_-

Thats okay, I'm willing to wait, but I think that it would be really fun to control a trooper in single player via first person. Wasn't freedom ridge going to do this before they got canned? my problem with having this as a mp only feature is that I don't play mp that much, and I perfer sp to mp in most games.