4 replies to this topic

#1 Dover

Dover

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:45 PM

And if you can add sprites, you can add weapons (In theory), just imagine clubbing a sectopod with a lead pipe...

edit by Kratos: Split topic due to off-topic behavior (self included)

Edited by Kratos, 04 April 2006 - 03:07 PM.

#2 Kratos

Kratos

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:20 PM

Oooh! Good times! Does this mean you could have a Christopher Walken looking soldier? That would kick so much donkey.

And if you can add sprites, you can add weapons (In theory), just imagine clubbing a sectopod with a lead pipe...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if you want the images to look right, you'll have to use the original xcom color palette.

Edited by Kratos, 01 April 2006 - 03:12 AM.

#3 Gurluas2000

Gurluas2000

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:59 AM

well ... ...what do you mean?
:S

i dont understand what you mean with pallete...bur to Dover's post im just saying all 4 squared aliens r buggy,second if we are to make new sprites we would have to ditch aliens actually...since aliens and my aliens uses same sprites...got it?

#4 Kratos

Kratos

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

Xcom has its own palette, color scheme which it only supports. I was commenting on the idea of implementing new items/weapons to the game, which images need to follow the Xcom palette, else the images in-game will look funky.

edit: This is going off topic (which I admit contributing to), therefore I am going to split this into another topic.

edit2: Done

Edited by Kratos, 04 April 2006 - 03:12 PM.

#5 Shotgunner

Shotgunner

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

There are enough colors to "make" and "replace" just about any type of weapon you can think of(within reason of course) . The color palette is a little limited. For example, you really can't make a decent-looking revolver without a LOT of work, but I'm sure it can be done.
12 ways to Gauge alien destructon