XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Breaking Down Alien Equipment

Not sure if is the right forum for this but it seemed the most appropriate. Once you have fully researched a technology, it should be possible to "break down" existing items. for example you never ever use those piddly little plasma pistols, but you are in dire need of elerium 115 to make the ammo for your Heavy Plasma Guns. so you scrap the fifty pistol clips for elerium and make something more usefull. the same would apply for power sources armour etc..

Obviously it would be a reduced return. possibly varying from item to item. and perhaps also should require manufacturing time to process. it seems more realistic to me than dumping all that alien tech onto the internationol covert market

Depends I suppose on how much realism the game's striving for, but yes I totally agree, there should be a means to "scrap" things in your inventory to get something of more use out of it. Its not unlike how that Stormdog strategy worked in Apoc where you seemed to get more for your buck with them. First you buy them with everything on it, then I believe you got your money back and then some by removing every component, selling it, then selling the stormdog its self.