XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Crosscompilation Woes

dromede

Hello there. I'm having some problems trying to crosscompile ufo2000. My crosscompile host is a ubuntu box and my target is a sharp zaurus pda. this is what i get:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/cross/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/libexpat.so when searching for -lexpat

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/cross/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/libvorbisfile.so when searching for -lvorbisfile

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/cross/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/libvorbisfile.a when searching for -lvorbisfile

I'm guessing that this has to do with library version mismatch but i'm not sure. Can anyone help me with this?

Edited by dromede

Well, i've just tried to compile the game during this night. compilation - no prolems. well, except weird dependencies: with ve Mandriva 2007.0 Free i had to download:

HawkNL168src.tar.gz

liballegro4.2-devel-4.2.0-3mdv2007.0.rpm

+allegro-4.2.0-3mdv2007.0.rpm

+liballegro4.2-4.2.0-3mdv2007.0.rpm

+asked libsvgalib1-1.9.24-2mdv2007.0.rpm

libexpat0-devel-1.95.8-3mdk.rpm

Everything else i could get throug local 4CD-repository of installation disks.

Just remember few things when compiling:

if you're trying to compile something make sure you have all the dependencies wtih their corresponding "devel" packages!

Mind the version - i've tried to get around some dependencies installing their elder or newer versions of "devel" packages, but all i've got - is a great headache.

I suppose you've got this error messages because you've installed libexpat-devel with the version that is not the same as in the libexpat, or just too new/old version, that is not usable to compile this game with.

But, i'm still a newbie in all this, so, that's might be not the answer.