XCOMUFO & Xenocide

What Equipment Do I Get If I Raid Marsec?

Lentava Esine

Hi!

I have tried to search forum but no luck. Marsec is hostile and worried so much about their dear alien friends so I cannot bribe them. I have lost by power swords and mind benders. Only have one left both of them. I have never raided Marsec so can I found mind benders? I know that power swords can be found but mind benders. I don't mind other things.

I have been hoping to bring Marsec back to line, but no. Aliens dropped overspawn ( I have been hoping appearance of an alien King Kong ), but it neatly missed all buildings what I wished it would stomp.

Power swords are really good. I just stunned megaspawn with combo 1 cloaked scout ( not shooting only scouting ) + 2 androids with 3 stun grapples and 1 power sword. Monster managed to shoot only one missile and one devastator bolt before going down.

Lentava Esine

I've raided Marsec a lot at beginning of games to get flying suits, ammo, power swords, and mind shields. Main target is flying suits and mind shields which you only get on every 4th raid or so. Power swords are a rare find too, maybe once every 5 raids is a guess.

Mind bender- I think they are a rare find as well, don't remember this very well because I don't look for them in my inventory after raids.

eta - oops meant mind bender not shield in last sentence.

Edited by glen_es

That's the beauty of the power swords. Marginally better than the devestator (smaller ammo clip though), but with the limitation of distance. It's very nicely balanced, so it's not an uber be-all-end-all weapon.

Best of all you have to learn new strategies to get up close to use them - or rely on berserker rushes. You'll learn to dive for cover more often (unless you were smart enough to pack a sidearm) and figure ways of forcing the enemies to get closer to you. A good mental exercise that'll help you in your normal game, as it's always better to be up close when you go fullauto with your favourite weapons.

---

As for Marsec - the Marsec Arms Factory is a very good place to raid if you want power swords and mind shields. Rush in and hit all the regular item spawn spots as quickly as you can - or check the bodies of the guards as they tend to grab anything not nailed down.

If you want Marsec armour but don't want to risk ticking off Marsec, the gangs tend to carry Marsec armour parts.

Mind shields aren't all that exciting, as you only need one or two to permanently pump up the psi defence stats of your entire team. You just need to randomly attack any building, switch the shield on, wait a few seconds and then escape. Repeat this a few times to max each agent and you'll be tossingg the mind shield into long term storage.

If you meant the mind bender however, then I don't think you'll be able to gather those up in missions. At least, not in Marsec owned buildings.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Yep!

I want mind benders for my mutants. I don't care mind shields or marsec torso plates. Only one left as I said. I like power sword and I arm androids with sword + disruptor or sword + stun grapple combo. If I can, I try to put androids ambush positions before aliens arrive. On ocassion single android killed 3 skellys and 2 andropods which went past him. If things are desperate then I rush to get some fire drawn away from my other agents. Androids are my knife fight troops.

Lentava Esine