XCOMUFO & Xenocide

More Human-side Missions?

Does anyone think that countries should be able to undefect from the aliens in future X-COM games? I was thinking that they either return back once you've managed to eliminate alien presence from the area, or if you undertake special missions. One could either to be straightforward destroy a base in the country that has defected, but I was also of thinking of something somewhat more RPG-ish in the vein of Fallout.

Say that you discover that the reason why the country has signed a secret pact was largely because of the influence of several politicians who have been subverted. For a more "human" mission, you would send your squad to infilitrate the government building and deposit evidence discrediting them, or even just to assassinate them.

Of course, the problem is that X-COM isn't very much designed for role-playing, and so it would kind of suck to spend your entire mission having turns where you're doing stealth.

I was also thinking about missions against rival human anti-alien squad forces, or to fight say a corporation or a militia that was under alien control, or something like that. Throw in some variety.

Thoughts? Also, did I post this in the wrong forum? If I did, please advise as to where I should move it.

Edited by Conrad Gray

Older versions of the software have this bug, but when they come back it is sporatic.

It seems logical to me that if a country can abandon mankind, they should be able to abandon alienkind as well.

So... could X-COM be retooled to support not just its classic squad-based combat missions, but "softer", stealth- or RPG-based missions as well?

I was thinking- if X-COM really is supposed to be secret from the public, why not have a few M.I.B. missions? Maybe besides the standard squad of troopers you can have support agents who go around depositing evidence to discredit whistle-blowers, or to assassinate people who know too much...

I just think that there's more to X-COM than the troopers, pilots, engineers, and scientists.

So... could X-COM be retooled to support not just its classic squad-based combat missions, but "softer", stealth- or RPG-based missions as well?

I was thinking- if X-COM really is supposed to be secret from the public, why not have a few M.I.B. missions? Maybe besides the standard squad of troopers you can have support agents who go around depositing evidence to discredit whistle-blowers, or to assassinate people who know too much...

I just think that there's more to X-COM than the troopers, pilots, engineers, and scientists.

The simple answer is yes it could.

The important questions are "how much work would this take?" and "How much would this add to game play, compared to putting this work in elsewhere?"

Put together a list of all the changes/additions that would need to be made to do this.

Guest Azrael Strife
Err... I'd say the biggest challenge would be to get the actual game code, after that, I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to do so.

It would be cool if you could make the alien mission logical so that, from the start, you can choose Human or Alien Campaign.

Actually, I wasn't thinking of a mod, though I'm glad that people are considering it. I'm just talking about hypothetical "official" installments of X-COM in the far future. You know, the sequel that will come out around the same time as the Delta Green computer game. Hopefully before Duke Nukem Forever and the Gun and Roses CD.