XCOMUFO & Xenocide

• 3 months later...
Guest Azrael Strife
Let's also point that there has been many months since XCOMUFO had the link to the docs site :) so it's kinda forgotten except to those who already know about it (like the Isla de Muerta :P)

Guest Azrael Strife
Yeah but we link to it right on our site.. and the bots were going crazy to right before it was updated, so I'm sure if we didn't then it would still be going on as we speak.

Not saying that the update was not successful in deterring spam attacks, but I'd wait until we link it back on our forums before claiming victory :) we have yet to tell the spammers where our wiki is.

About our site, no one really uses it, so I'm not sure linking the wiki from there would have any effect at all :P

Guest Azrael Strife

Do not mock the power of :devillaugh: the spammer :devillaugh: ! He shall feast upon your entrails in a... big spamming feast!

:P

Edited by Azrael Strife

How do you know it's a "he", Az? :sly::P

Editing Project Xenocide (section)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Please do not save test edits. If you want to experiment, please use the sandbox.

must..... resist.....urges....guhhh.......

Edited by RustedSoul

Guest Azrael Strife
How do you know it's a "he", Az? :sly::P

Editing Project Xenocide (section)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Please do not save test edits. If you want to experiment, please use the sandbox.

must..... resist.....urges....guhhh.......

I'm guessing "The spammer" is a villain like Sauron, so it's likely it's a male ^_^

• 5 months later...

We want to install wiki software in my university's LUG website (http://foss.di.uoa.gr) and I'll probably do the research and installation. Darkhomb, could you (if you remember and have the time) roughly tell me what you did with our own wiki and how?

Or at least some general direction to save time, which I definitely need lately xD

edit: Forgot to mention we're running FreeBSD 7 xD

Edited by kafros

Sorry been a little busy lately. Basiclly all I did was download it, copy the files over and add a couple things in the settings file. I walked step by step from the guide from mediawiki.com. If you have any questions let me know. but thats all that was roughly to it. you do need an sql server for the database...

Aw, so the online documentation is enough? No problem then :D I'll also add the addons we have on our wiki, it seems they worked well

The server runs php 5 and mysql 5, minor builds much larger than the prerequisites of the latest mediawiki version, so I won't bother installing other software