XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Ui Guru Can't Work

SupSuper

To put things shortly: My dad doesn't like my grades. Thus, he took the RAM from my computer, so I can't use it. I can still use other computers and keep an eye on things, but not do any work, since my work environment is in my computer.

So, until I can use my computer again, I can't do any work. I could probably set up TortoiseSVN on my mom's computer and work from there, but without MSVC++ to test changes with it'd be veeeery risky. Not that I do any actual work on MSVC++, I just use Notepad, but I need MSVC++ to build a release to test stuff with. And I can't find my MSVC++ CDs.

Though, feel free to ask me any UI-related questions, or even get someone to fill in for me :P
Also, in case the "clipped text" problem still isn't fixed, it should be a simple matter of increasing widget width/height where appropriate.

Finally, I'm keeping myself relatively away from the Programming forum. The stuff being discussed there is way over my head :wacko:

[quote name='red knight' date='Dec 3 2005, 03:04 PM']I told you that university is not something to take lightly, but if you do not hear to me, there is nothing that I can do.

Greetings
Red Knight
[right][post="140936"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
You're not my father!!! :Cry:

Anyway, I did study, but I made the mistake of studying like I did in school, in which I did pretty darn well :) that was the first semester, the second semester I studied much better, but I made a critical mistake in a programming assignment which made me fail it, I actually studied much better B)
Besides, you learn from your mistakes much more than you do from your successes :)

[quote name='UnFleshed One' date='Dec 3 2005, 11:56 PM']He-he, I have a couple of extra SDRAM sticks I can part with, if you can take them :).
[right][post="140973"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]I doubt you could send them without my dad noticing them in the mail :P

[quote name='red knight' date='Dec 3 2005, 04:08 PM']Ok, study a little and you will be arround soon. Studing is very important for us at Xenocide Senior Team, so we agree with your parents decision.

Greetings
Red Knight
[right][post="140931"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]I already study, it's just 12th grade is so freakin' hard! (as any student around here could tell you). I mean, it even shows up on the news how most students fail! I'm already repeating for the 2nd time, and most go up to 3 or 4 times.
And I'm doing better than last time, so it's not so bad :)

Plus tests are over and Christmas Holidays are coming, I don't want to die of boredom :P so I already got VC++ .NET 2003 set up (it doesn't compile with the [url="http://msdn.microsoft.com/express"]free 2005 Express version[/url]), so I'll be messing around with the UI again. I'm gonna fix the vertical scrollbar since that thumb looks so ugly :P and possibly whip up a Research Screen, since I see that's coming up too. Anything else you want UI-related just let me know :)

Btw, I've been thinking: UI Test is a developer-only tool, and I've noticed on progress releases that people always seem unaware of that. Maybe we should remove it from the main menu and put it on a console command or something?

[quote name='SupSuper' date='Dec 7 2005, 10:48 PM']I already study, it's just 12th grade is so freakin' hard! (as any student around here could tell you). I mean, it even shows up on the news how most students fail! I'm already repeating for the 2nd time, and most go up to 3 or 4 times. And I'm doing better than last time, so it's not so bad :) Plus tests are over and Christmas Holidays are coming, I don't want to die of boredom :P[/quote]
ARE YOU READING MY MIND AGAIN?! GIMME THAT PSI-AMP! :D

12th grade SUCKS!

[quote name='kafros' date='Dec 7 2005, 09:33 PM']12th grade SUCKS!
[right][post="141230"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Yea, I can feel your pain. :) Hated it too. But - although I don't wanne sound like your parents - this is extremely important. Don't make the same mistake I did. I took it too lightly, made a not too good final exam and had so much trouble every time I tried to change to another University or get a scholarship etc etc... It's not fair, but life can be so much easier if you've got good marks... Edited by Mad

[quote name='Mad' date='Dec 7 2005, 09:58 PM'][quote name='kafros' date='Dec 7 2005, 09:33 PM']12th grade SUCKS!
[right][post="141230"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Yea, I can feel your pain. :) Hated it too. But - although I don't wanne sound like your parents - this is extremely important. Don't make the same mistake I did. I took it too lightly, made a not too good final exam and had so much trouble every time I tried to change to another University or get a scholarship etc etc... It's not fair, but life can be so much easier if you've got good marks...
[right][post="141243"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]I know, but sadly, wanting to get good grades doesn't make you get good grades. You just gotta get lucky :P

Oh and Xenocide doesn't compile :( Edited by SupSuper

[quote name='SupSuper' date='Dec 8 2005, 12:00 AM']I know, but sadly, wanting to get good grades doesn't make you get good grades. You just gotta get lucky :P
Oh and Xenocide doesn't compile :(
[right][post="141256"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Yea, gotta get lucky - and work your #%& off...

Oh, and it is compiling. at least for me. Maybe you forgot to "install" some dependencies? Edited by Mad

[quote name='Mad' date='Dec 8 2005, 09:35 AM'][quote name='SupSuper' date='Dec 8 2005, 12:00 AM']I know, but sadly, wanting to get good grades doesn't make you get good grades. You just gotta get lucky :P
Oh and Xenocide doesn't compile :(
[right][post="141256"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Yea, gotta get lucky - and work your #%& off...

Oh, and it is compiling. at least for me. Maybe you forgot to "install" some dependencies?
[right][post="141286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]That too :P

Nope, I got all the dependencies. xenocommon and xenolauncher build fine, only xenocore doesn't (and xenoui needs xenocore):

C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(60): error C2065: 'object' : undeclared identifier
C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(60): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'luaGlobals'
C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(60): error C2065: 'luaGlobals' : undeclared identifier
C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(61): error C3861: 'luaGlobals': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2039: 'object' : is not a member of 'luabind'
c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'missionBehaviour'
c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2501: 'Xenocide::Core::MissionParams::object' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2501: 'Xenocide::Core::MissionParams::missionBehaviour' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

[quote name='SupSuper' date='Dec 9 2005, 09:13 AM']c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2039: 'object' : is not a member of 'luabind'
[right][post="141321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Looks to me like your header files for the LUA classes are out of date.

[quote name='dteviot' date='Dec 9 2005, 12:10 AM'][quote name='SupSuper' date='Dec 9 2005, 09:13 AM']c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2039: 'object' : is not a member of 'luabind'
[right][post="141321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Looks to me like your header files for the LUA classes are out of date.
[right][post="141343"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]Impossible, I got everything from the Package Updater.

I don't have the DirectX SDK though, couldn't get it installed on this computer. Could that be the problem?

[quote]Edit: The only thing that is really useful is Templates symbols are now fully supported in IntelliSense. Furthermore, [b]Explicit Template Specializations[/b] and [b]Partial Template Specializations[/b] are also fully supported in IntelliSense.[/quote]

Eh? Did you edit a wrong post? :) Edited by UnFleshed One

[quote name='red knight' date='Dec 12 2005, 02:33 AM']DirectX SDK is not required because the only thing that needs it is Ogre, and we have that precompiled.

Greetings
Red Knight
[right][post="141737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]Shouldn't it be removed from the Progammer's Quick Start Guide then?

Anyways, time to recheck my steps:
- Install VC++2003, check
- Install TortoiseSVN, check
- Checkout SVN, check
- Install and update Xenocide Updater, check
- Get latest dependencies, check

Well, I'm puzzled. Reminds me when I first joined and the bloody thing just wouldn't compile for me :P