XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Azrael's Log

Guest Azrael Strife

Too many phases :wacko:
Edit: Stop spamming my log! :spam: *looks for dipstick's log to spam, and notices he doesn't use it* blast! :Brickwall: Edited by Azrael

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I've proofread all the entries in the taskforce forum (all 11 of them!), there were many changes to be done, took me some time, I'm glad I'm through with them.

- I've moved... OMG 30 topics!, from Complete: Creative Text to Active: Phase 1, posted the latest proofread versions and moved them there, I'm not finished though........

- Moved about four more topics to Phase 1.

- I've downloaded all CTs that were proofread by the previous Proofreading Taskforce, I'll review the work and post final versions in Phase 1.

- Changed my signature banner to a more classic one, guess RK likes this one better, eh? :) Edited by Azrael

- New names for Xenocide: Alien Recreation (Food), Alien Medical Room (Surgery), Alien Breeding (Reproduction), Biological Research Room (Examination Room).

- I've proofread: Alien Navigation, Alien Composites, Alien Recreation, Viper Autopsy, Ventriculant Autopsy (editted Ventriculant to make it fit the autopsy), Terror Disc Autopsy and Satyrian Autopsy. All threads were updated and moved to Phase 1.

- I've been working on what could be a replacement for the Asset List, not for now, but once we start translating, this list will be handy for tracking ongoing translations and files in each language, we're not there though, but I'll have it ready! :)

- If RS isn't available, I'll update the Asset List in some days, change a thing or two, and try to make it more trustworthy :naughty: Edited by Azrael

- Major changes in the Asset List, finished and proofread files have been uploaded into ctassets and now the links in the asset list lead to the latest version, no more outdated texts ;), also made something with the pic, cool or what?
I've also played a little with the source code, should be easier to update now, thankfully.

- Astyanax will be helping the Proofreading Taskforce from now on, his help will be very valuable I can tell :)

• 2 weeks later...
- During my one week break I've been working on my Alien Goal CT, as it was very much incomplete and needed some serious rewriting. I've posted the new version, practically rewrote it from scratch.

- Posted another Tech Tree with some clarifications, and yet more alterations, fixed mistakes, links, etc.
I've also made, in a previous update of the tech tree, modifications which will be solely for Xenocide, but logical and needed, such as having the Silabrate giving Alien Composites (Alloys) as granted topic or having a Grey engineer give Terror-Disc Autopsy.

- I'm still not completely back, I expect to resume my duties by next weekend, hopefully :) Edited by Azrael

- I passed my exam!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :Hyper:

Short update on my situation:

- I'll be able to get back on duty by next week, I'll attack Kafros and his Alien Breeding first (he asked for it!!!), next is probably my Alien Goal which Astyanax has torn apart several times :P (ok, it needed it :)), then I'll continue to attend all that work I've halted, including continuing the polls and taking more name suggestions (yay!!).

- I've signed up for the University of the Republic today (sounds cool, eh?), Computer Engineering, the place was HUGE!!, it was kinda laberynthic (sp?) too, it took me at least an hour and a half to walk through half those corridors, and I even didn't get to see it all!, pretty amazing place.

- Out of pure boredom I've written (drums....) The Final Entry (/drums...), it's an idea for an X-Net entry to come up after everything, after the final cutscene and all, it's an idea, not sure if we're going to use it or if we're going to use mine if we are, but it's there for everyone to enjoy :D

- I'll take care of proofreading next week, revise what Astyanax has been doing in his sickness and prepare all texts for Phase 2, where Astyanax, Dipstick and I will have one heck of a job to do :)

More to come when I'm back (gotta take care of the news as well, yikes!)

- Yesssssss, ADSL connection is online so now I can safely work here and resume all the things I've been posponing; reviews, post a text in the Documents page, more name suggestions and polls, polls polls :P

- The X-Net Proofreading Taskforce (once again disassembled) has finished its regular duties and now its time for the Inner Circle of Proofreading to take a step forward; said Circle is composed by dipstick, Astyanax, RustedSoul, and me, and will take care of the most sensitive proofreadings. :)

- Dipstick, Astyanax and me are trying to coordinate a MSN meeting in order to discuss our next operations, time zones aren't making things easy :D Edited by Azrael

- Sorted Complete and Active, I've been proofreading, posted name suggestions for Facilities, posted something in the Docs page, and worked a bit in active, I'm tired :)

- Downloaded UFO: AI... I'm so disappointed :(

- I'm getting Star Wars: KOTOR 2 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

- Polls to be resumed tomorrow, 6. Research Topics.

I'm going to bed :) Edited by Azrael

- I've been revising the remaining texts, two more to go, will try to do it today.

- It freaking depresses me when I can get rid of a virus... I got the annoying trojan.startpage, I damn anyone who has ever made a virus!!! Norton has detected it but can't get rid of it, the instruction in Symantec are useless, Spybot was unable to delete it, I'm running now Stinger and AVG, have tried many already.

Spybot 1.4 beta + !!!!!HijackThis! !!!!Ad-Aware Se + EZ Armor 2005 + Spyware Blaster + Manual Search in Registry/Windows Folder/System32 Folder = Safe PC ^_^

I've had the same problem, Hijack This! was the only program that helped me, and it's free! :) Edited by kafros

it's always best to have more than one anti-spyware progam, since one alone doesn't detect everything. free ones are:
[url="http://www.lavasoftusa.com/"]http://www.lavasoftusa.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.safer-networking.org/"]http://www.safer-networking.org/[/url]
[url="http://hijack-this.net/"]http://hijack-this.net/[/url]

edit: btw, if it's a virus, i've heard that System Restore can mess up virus-removing, so you might try disabling it before scanning for virus or something.
and in terms of that, all i can recommend is AVG, only free one i know:
[url="http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/"]http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/[/url] Edited by SupSuper

[quote name='dipstick' date='Feb 16 2005, 01:38 PM']Try manually deleting the files :D  works sometimes! :D[/quote]
The only problem is that the trojan.startpage viruses alter stuff in the registry.

And SupSuper's all over it- hopefully the cocktail will rid you of this unwanted pest.

EDIT- Third page! :D Edited by Astyanax

I've tried all that!, the little pest won't go off, I'll make a super cocktail and see how it likes this!
For now it seems to be working, but when I reboot, windows displays an error when loadind se.dll, which is the infected file!, damn this. Thanks for the help everyone :)

i once heard of this:

Try turning of the internet, a trojan horse can't work if it's not on the net. I don't know if that'll work in your case.

It appears to have worked my wonderful coctail, this is what I tried:
Spybot S&D
SpywareBlaster
Stinger
AVG 7.0
SpywareGuard
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Norton Antivirus 2004

I need something to fix the registry, it keeps asking for the damn dll when I reboot.

Hey, congrats on your 1,000th post, Az! :beer:

Was surfing a bit and found this: [url="http://www.inet-mates.com/articles/3_rm_searchexe.html"]http://www.inet-mates.com/articles/3_rm_searchexe.html[/url]

[quote]Follow these steps to remove Searchexe from your machine. Begin by backing up your registry and your system, and/or setting a Restore Point, to prevent trouble if you make a mistake.

Kill these running processes with Task Manager:
se.exe

Unregister these DLLs with Regsvr32, then reboot:
se.dll

Remove these files (if present) with Windows Explorer:
app.dat
bm.dat
se.dll
se.exe[/quote]

This may or may not be what you're looking for, so read the page first. Edited by Astyanax

1000 posts!?, hadn't realised, ohhh.....
That would have come in handy, thanks anyway, but I think I got the little bugger, now I need to fix the registry and find where it is that it asks for se.dll when it boots.

[quote name='Azrael' date='Feb 16 2005, 04:16 PM']1000 posts!?, hadn't realised, ohhh.....
That would have come in handy, thanks anyway, but I think I got the little bugger, now I need to fix the registry and find where it is that it asks for se.dll when it boots.
[right][post="110839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Maybe type "regsvr32 se.dll" in the "Run..." box? Then reboot.

EDIT- Woot, a much smaller milestone: 100 posts :D Edited by Astyanax

Trojan's are like spy's... try quarentining the infected file and then having the folder scanned by all those directly - also, see if you can delete the file... another thing, make sure you tell Norton and/or all those anti-spyware files and stuff about this, ask them if they want you to send them a copy of it, but if worst comes to worst you wil have to delete and reinstall your entire computer... hard drive reboot

imho, looks like the spyware's gotten a fortified position on your HD... Sounds like your IE has been infected, and short of reinstalling it, there's no way of getting rid of it entirely...

I have to say that I recommend an immediate format and re-install of windows...

do you have a second hard drive?
if you do, try copying anything that's irreplaceable(xenocide stuff for example) onto your D drive and then reinstall C
then you can copy D back over to C, and you will save all you xenocide stuff

but there's always the risk those files are infected with a dormant virus though

- I'm beginning to learn how to live with the remainings of the trojan that invaded my hd, now it just bothers a little, doesn't cause much damage, and as I have been unable to remove it after several tries, I've decided to let it live, I'm sure we'll eventually get along.

- I'm finishing correcting Phase 1 texts, will be done in about 30 minutes, so I can officially announce that Phase 1 is complete; from now on every text that is completed will be sent directly to Phase 2 for process, as the two phase process was designed in response to the very large amount of complete texts which needed revision.

- New update in the main page News today, I'm sending it to Micah in an hour or so.

- Opened six new polls: The Ultimate Craft, New Fighter Craft, New Fighter/Transporter, Cydonia or Bust, The Martian Solution and Alien Origins. Regarding the ships, these are just the research topics, ship names are already final, so if you research Project Vengeance (a suggestion) you get XC-33 Vengeance.
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! Each poll is bumped daily so no excuses, it only takes a few seconds.

- Uploaded all proofread files into CTASSETS, which means that they are available for download directly from the Asset List (no need to click on thread link).

- I'll update the Asset List ASAP, please report to me any broken links as the texts are uploaded something might have been overlooked.

- Astyanax has completely torn apart my lovely Alien Goal text, I'll have to take it off on his own texts :P

- I've been finally playing Pardus, traded ships from my small Ficon to a larger RustClaw, and when attempting to do some business with another alliance, I received a very interesting proposal.. :naughty:

- Hailfire22 has disappeared and no one seems to have news from him, I wonder what happened to him. Same for The Master Maniac, who has once again vanished.

- Speaking of Pardus, I had heard somewhere that Micah was playing, though I have no evidence to support this, there is a player named Micah. I wonder if it's him...

That's it for today, join us next time, same board, same forum.

- It's done, Phase 1 is complete, committed all RTF files to Xenocide server to be available for download from the Asset List.

- Astyanax has volunteered to keep the Asset List from now on, it's pretty much a copy and paste thing, plus he is learning HTML and wants to practise. I have graciously agreed to let him :P . The truth is that some help will do me good :)

- Sent the news over to Micah

- AHA!!, people are finally falling under the influence of the Dictionary of the Devil! muhahahahaha [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6910"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6910[/url]

- Yesterday (well, was more like today actually) Astyanax and I discussed Phase 2 strategy, unfortunately dipstick wasn't around, but we are still having a meeting all three on the weekend.

- Astyanax showed me the clip of All Your Base Are Belong To Us, had never seen that before. It's great! [url="http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf"]http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf[/url]

- Astyanax has updated the Asset List.

- I've closed issue #107 Phase 1 Completion.

- I'll try to help JakeDrake with the AI document, at least in reading through it and making some comments.

- How [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6909&hl="]old[/url] is the annoying guy? :P

Well, since Azrael's curiously absent, I'll note that I have tentatively divided the Phase 1 texts between dipstick, Azrael, and myself, and I posted the list in the PRTF forum...

..so when a certain sleepyhead [i]finally[/i] logs on, he'll know what's going on. :P

- The virus fooled me pretending to be my friend, now it's rampaging through my hd, I missed the meeting :), which resulted in Astyanax doing a coup d'etat on my reign, I shall attend to that issue with great force :plasma:
I'm formatting and reinstalling everything tomorrow.

- In Pardus, it's getting all too weird that members from foreign Alliances give me more help and support than the members of my own, maybe it's time to listen more carefully to what certain voices outside the XA have been whispering to my ear...? :D

[quote name='Astyanax' date='Feb 19 2005, 03:47 PM'][quote]... we are still having a meeting all three on the weekend.[/quote]
Hey Az and dippy- where are you two? You guys are late!
[right][post="111251"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
Could you just not use my log as a chatroom?

- Eeeeek!, it's raining he11 on my pc!!, I'll try to hold it steady boys (and girl :)) at least until I reinstall everything.. *boom*, great, another program I cannot start (seriously, yet another one has crashed when it never did before).