XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Create Your Clan On Xcs Here

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah guys i hv a question for the techis among u. I always thought it was cool that ufo is cheat free. But i fought somone "Mad Man" who could shoot 100000000 with a person. I could not see who shot or anything. Cause when i went where the shooting came from ,no one was there. Every 3 seconds the computer said NID error. Sorry mad man if u read that and i am wrong however this was really strange..........

NID errors happen when the game is out of synch between both players.

Simply said : one of the two games said the guy was dead, the other didn't. So you get a standing soldier remaining which causes bugs and is not detectable by the other player. But when you got the "ghost" you normally don't notice it.

CRC and NIDs indicate out of synch game.

Because XCS is growing and I want to make sure that it is the best it can be, I have a need for staff member to help run tournaments and eventually the Domination game.

Kratos is interested in the position. He has been a diligent and very active member of XCS (not to mention the first to sign up). Choosing him as a part of the XCS team is a no brainer.

:beer: So, I would like to welcome Kratos to the XCS team. :beer:

Kratos will be a part of the administrative staff for tournaments and games.

I am sure that there will be a need for more staff in the near future.

When that day comes, I will be able to help in any way I can

Hmmm, i was looking at XCS site today and I noticed that it does not have backgrounds. The black isn't so bad, but I would like to put something back there. Maybe some type of theme like: A computer terminal, or an X-Com database, or something to spice it up. Just something to break up the black.

Any Ideas?

The background from when you end your turn in UFO Enemy Unknown, that one's so awesome...

It's good, just need to make the whole site like that. I'll see if I can find the turn end screen, It would be a good background for the Tounament sceen

• 2 weeks later...
Sure, welcome aboard. JoeJoe, make a rank in my clan called Paladins and put Decalman and Zelos in it.

Oh yeah guys i hv a question for the techis among u. I always thought it was cool that ufo is cheat free. But i fought somone "Mad Man" who could shoot 100000000 with a person. I could not see who shot or anything. Cause when i went where the shooting came from ,no one was there. Every 3 seconds the computer said NID error. Sorry mad man if u read that and i am wrong however this was really strange..........

It's possible that he edited the game luas in order to alter the fire-rate of his weapons, thereby causing the NID and CRC errors. If the data between the two players is out of sync for two items (example; )

Player A's Standard Autocannon

BurstFire (3) - 60% TU

SnapFire (1) - 30% TU

Player B's Modded Autocannon

Burstfire (100000000) - 1% TU

Snap Fire (100000) - 1% TU

As you can see, Player B is a hacking b******.

You ARE still part of the Starfire Confederation right? If not I have a LOT of changes to make to the d20 LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds good ^_^... Welcome Back, Decalman

hmmm, i sent joejoe a PM telling him to get back and that i want to become a free agent... a hunter... or a freelancing mercenary :)

We need JoeJoe to have anyone join clans... Unless someone takes up the project of making us a new site.

I need informations...

What to do now... Are there any clan wars? Who is our enemy? And who are the members of the clan?  :devillaugh:

Clans are doing nothing at the moment since there is no tournaments to be hosted at. Who is your enemy...hmm...probably me :devillaugh:

Commander Abyssion

:Whisper:

Do we threat The Paladins of Tetcha's Hand as enemys of Starfire Confederation ?

If yes.... I will crush everyone of them :spank: to bow down before your legs... :master:

Send me to hunt someone down... :Rant:

Edited by Neithan

Commander Abyssion

:Whisper:

Do we threat The Paladins of Tetcha's Hand as enemys of  Starfire Confederation ?

If yes.... I will crush everyone of them  :spank:  to bow down before your legs... :master:

Send me to hunt someone down... :Rant:

Or you can hire me to beat them... I'm pretty good, even though kratos and hobbes still beat me every time :(

Ah, you seem to be after me pot of Paladins... But Orion Ravenclaw has seen this kind of trouble before. With Destruction's End in one hand and Destruction's Bane strapped to his back, you will all perish!

Hi guys.

I've recently got addicted to this game. I like xcs idea but as i see, there is no activity since may.

Meanwhile, two of as created a new clan: xBorg. You can find our forums here.

It's almost empty right now and we do not have any hardcoded rules so everybody can participate in creating this clan and forum contents with us.

I hope this joejoe guy returns and explain situation.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... how do you set up a clan here? i gots one already , just need to know what to do with it.

Silver Talon - as cool as the name would suggest.

Anyone who wants to join is welcome. Except that one guy , he made fun of my weetbix

Edited by Sporb

Maybe everything can be sorted out.

Yes...I request all of you to restate your clans one time only so that we can clean all of this discussion out. I can do this personally if you just state them over.

That means that all posts that doesn't have much meaning will be moved/deleted at the request of JoeJoe. (including this one ;) )

you could always do what they did on the deceased TSFP forums , set up a clans board where clans can recruit , challenge and make home threads.

• 6 months later...

reading this forum makes me sad :(

clans were fun!

if anyone wants to create a very structured clan system please let me know. I mean like you get a rank and your stuck w/ it until your superior thinks you deserve better. As far as clan wars, I dont know.

Edited by JoeJoe