XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xenocide Technology Tree

Guest Azrael Strife

Here is a first try, some entries are likely missing and there may be some mistakes, the layout can most likely be improved as it was my first time doing a diagram like this, so any comments will be appreciated :) tell me what you think.

post-2263-1135361393_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, I need a legend, will add it tonight.

The note-shaped things are X-Net entries, the plain rectangles are Research Topics and the Weird-shaped thingies are produceable/buildable items/facilities.

And organisation :P

I'd say: don't waste time on good grafics, waste time on proper layout :)

One rule, IMO, would be: Only streight lines. This improves diagrams SO much.

And organisation :P

I'd say: don't waste time on good grafics, waste time on proper layout :)

One rule, IMO, would be: Only streight lines. This improves diagrams SO much.

I tried, but I needed to make them round to differentiate one from another.

About the colors, that's completely secondary... and it's just a preset, not really important.

Mikker: good graphics? not sure what you mean, those are pretty standard graphics.

Hmm.. some entries are overlapping, that happened when I changed fonts to a darker one, I'll fix it and try to improve the layout.

Owww, no compliments on my first diagram? :(

Edited by Azrael

Took mikker's advise, only staight lines, also enlarged the whole thing for better organisation.

Now, a comment like "That's very good for your first diagram! keep it up" would really boost my morale instead of sinking it like some people did :(

Whining aside, here it is.

edit: Alien Breeding's a bit screwed up, and so may be some arrowheads, there are lots of them :P

edit2: please don't mind the rogue Gravity Distortion Launcher, forgot I left it there.

post-2263-1135392979_thumb.jpg

Edited by Azrael

(So the program does that by itself? Never mind then. I use a much more simple program for diagrams.)

I like the new design. Good job! :)

mmm, you should keep the colours from before. The red-on-white is harder to read :)

Edited by mikker

Don't terrorist interrogations give a report about the creature itself, rather than a report on alien terror missions? I thought Navigators gave that info?

I'm trying new bonus entries for every creature, so researching a Soldier is not entirely useless, for example. I'm also considering the possibility of researching [Examination Room] allowing you to research Alien Abductions and Biological Research Room allowing you to research Alien Harvest Mission.

I like the second one much more :)

Could you sqeeze it a little, say to 70% of it's current size? Just the aspect ratio of the "exported image"

Well, I can probably do that with "any" program, but I am too bored right now :P :wink1:

Yeah, the first one really sucked, apparently the diagram got screwed up when I changed colors, so it looked more messed up than it really was (though it was confusing anyway...).

You mean get the items more close to each other? if so, I'd prefer to keep them a bit separate, if it gets cramped it'll be hard(er) to read.

• 6 months later...