XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ma-kara Takeover

Well, how did the Ma-Kara happen to go under the influence of the Overmind?

First of all, the Ma-Kara had a planet, that they called their own. Their technology were almost equiliant to ours, but a bit more hightech, when the Overmind came to visit them. He took them for granted (they invented the stun-launcher, but also had some laser-like weaponry), and only gave in a small force to take over the race. Their fysical strength were limited (though better then ours), they had no connection to psi abilities in any way, but what suprised the Overmind and eventually turned the tables of the war: their intelligence.

After the small fleet set down on Earth, they were soon attacked by the Viper forces. They didn't consist of Vipers only, but also the Achidnas. None of the UFOs were under the control of the overmind after 3 weeks. And after just 2 months, the Overmind find the Ammonite species on retreat from the system. They had a spacestation orbiting arround a gas-giant, and this was now reduced by rubble.

The overmind didn't know what to do. After each failed attempt to take over the planet, the Viper forces grew. It didn't have time to retalitate before it found most of the Ammonite forces destroyed by the vipers: The Achidnas made the rest outnumbered. The overmind had no choice but to do what a dictatur in trouble does best, flee.

But the lack of mental defence made the diffrence: the few Ammonites could easiliy take over the mind of the Vipers (and Achidnas), and evened the odds. Not far after, most of the Vipers and Achidnas were dead.

In the war, at least 5.000 Billion Vipers, and 50.000 billion Achidnas were killed, along with the stagering number of 10.000.000 billion Ammonites and other Overmind slaves.

When the overmind had to invade Earth, se saw us in the same view as the Vipers, so he became a bit more carefull.

Numbers are a little too exagerated but the point is good to make a full story with dialogs and all that... (Hey we could publish Project Xenocide Book: The Ma-rakas takeover :P)

Greetings

Red Knight

I'll go with RK on the numbers thing ;)

However Mar Kara is a colony in the Starcraft universe and knowing how they protect their IP it might be wise to change it to something else.

That's Mar Sara and Chau Sara, IIRC. I've never heard of Mar Kara? Although it does come veeeeeeeeerry close ;)

And uhhm... I third RK and Deimos on the numbers thing :D

sorry about the numbers :P i just took it, "Earth plus" number (more like plus plus plus :)). But okay, the Vipers don't reproduce as fast as the Achidnas....

but be glad you don't live in denmark. A english billion is a 1.000 times LESS then a danish billion.....so.......that is some war :rolleyes:

BTW, the names are from the story-Origins thread. I though they were the final?

Edited by mikker

Achidna is pretty final, but Ma-Kara and Char-Kara are going to be revised most likely, as they were related to the failed "Floaters are flying snakemen" idea.

whats so wrong with THAT idea? But okay, its a design question.

But theoraticly, they could be male Vipers, geneticly altered by the Overmind.