XCOMUFO & Xenocide

You Lucky Barstools Who Has Aftermath!

Puasonen

Oh my god!

I have played those few demo missions again and again and again.. It's the coolest game for a long time! Why did I cancel my order WHY?! I'm gettin' it asap!

For those who hasn't tried it yet, check the demo out, oh the atmosphere/graphics/FEELING why have I heard so much crap about it?!

I beat the game yesterday, it had a novel xcom 1 ish final mission. :D I must say that I loved the story, it wasn't the same "aliens want our land, so they take it!" that we see so often in movies or other video games. The story is really intresting. Imo.

The missions are fun, but after certain missions, the difficulty takes humongous leaps! Xcom 1 only did this when etherials showed up.

The variety of weapons is nice (then again, I always like more weapons) and the concepts are intresting.

I do not like the look of the alien stuff though, the organic/semi organic look has been done to death. Xcom 1 was refreshing because there was no organic technology whatsoever. (Well except for psi and terrorists...)

Overall, I give it a 88% out of 100% Its not perfect, but it is fun.

LET ME AT IT!!!!!!!!

*rushes to nearest computer store.*

*returns home to get money, then returns to store*

*waits for 10 hours before it reopens again*

*realises the store has no copies of Aftermath*

*burns down store and runs 30 miles to next store*

*gets home a week later and plays game* (hopefully)

• 3 months later...
I know that feeling, I had that same feeling when playing C&C generals the first time. It's like kinda cool and you think u should like it but it just isn't the same old good stuff. I still don't like generals so I think I will have problems with aftermath too. If it isn't good and interesting right from the beginning, my mind ruins the rest of the game too..  ^_^
I know that feeling, I had that same feeling when playing C&C generals the first time. It's like kinda cool and you think u should like it but it just isn't the same old good stuff.QUOTE]

Yeah, most of the new games compared to the "old good stuff" lack gameplay. They look fantastic but don't have many options and gets borring soon.

Greetzzz

Guess so, but I don't mind. I can play those good 'ol games. :)

New games are almost never as good as old games. In good old days people were thinking about the game itself, now it's all based on graphics. Any good old game got twice as many things implemented in them as the new ones.

Simple ideas like tetris, pacman and pong are great! They show how a good game doesn't need a story at all! :) Old games are not just all about good story. They spent a lot of more time to think what makes people to get addicted to games. Nowadays it's like KGB and RustedSoul said, they KNOW pretty graphics is enough to make a game a bestseller.

Yeah, I have it because of those cats in bikini.. :happybanana:

Wait a minute, you're right!

this is a joke of course, I don't really have it but I know what game you are talking about :D

edit:

A lot of games has sex in some form nowadays. Max Payne 2, GTA Vice City..

Edited by Nyyperoid

No! :D

I bought it because it's a good game, naked Mona is just a nice add on :wub: