XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcomutil Undo

BladeFireLight

The atached file contains xcuundo.bat. It can undo the changes to xcom and TFTD that xcomtuil does not prompt for. sutch as ading units to the interceptor and a modified Avenger map.

Place it in the UFO and TFTD root and run it after xcusetup to reset the items you want reset.

I have tested it with xcomutil 9.6 and UFO 1.4 and TFTD 2.1

However, I make not warrenties so use at your own risk. ;)

-Blade FireLight

Nice...thanks :)

I was hoping that atleast sone one would find it usefull. and I have had to do it manualy everytime I wanted some of xcomutil's features but not all.

reversing what I do is as simple as runing xcusetup again.

If any one knows of other settings changed without asking I will add them (I dont reverse the disjointed base patch. althow I supose I could as it is avoidable.)

-Blade FireLight

Well, you could make a utility to put the walls back in automatically - they're all in the same place in each map module, so if you get one right, most of the others will just require a bit of reiteration (except the hangar). Or manually restore the original base maps by getting them from a backup - either from your install cd or from a fresh unmodified copy of the game.

Could making the base files read-only prevent xcusetup(when you run it) from changing them, or would this cause secret missiles to be launched, turning the world as we know it into a firey ball of death and destruction?

It's not a really big issue, but some players may want to use the disjointed walls for defensive purposes.

- NKF

Btw, have you done anymore work on your battlefield generator?

not really but I did just get my compiler runing on dosbox on my memory stick so I can start work on it again. But first I was thinking of making a utility to recover games from the TFTD reasearch bugs. (thoes that cant be fixed by just researching yet another lobsterman comander ;) )

I have been away to long, I guess that happens when you have kids.

-Blade FireLight

• 1 year later...