XCOMUFO & Xenocide

How To Make Artefact Site Appear?

lanne

• 3 weeks later...

Hello lanne, though you probably aren't reading this due to the delay in my response

If by artifact site you mean alien activity sites, then they appear randomly, just like a terror site. Not getting one is pure luck. I wish I could go a year without one :)

As for the aliens that allow research topics, I believe they are the following:

Deep One (Dead)

Deep One

Lobsterman Navigator (maybe Techinician)

Lobsterman Commander

Tasoth/MC Capable Aquatoid

Calcinite Terrorist

If I missed an alien someone could correct me

Edited by Mustang

Strange. I completely missed this topic.

Terror sites generally require a scout wave, but shipping lane missions and artefact sites seem to be spontaneous. I rarely get a game without them. I'd much rather they never appear, personally!

Aliens that offer new topics include:

Any Live Alien - to unlock "Alien Origins". An absolute must for the T'Leth research branch. Any live aliens that follow can fill in for this.

Dead Deep-One and Live Deep One - For the Ion Armor research path - which in turn becomes part of the Leviathan research prerequisites further along. Very important alien!

Dead Calcinite and any live Gill-Man - for opening up drill technology. The gill-man upgrades the thermic lance to the heavy thermic lance. Don't ask - I have no answers for that.

Lobsterman Commander - Used for the Leviathan (after the Hammerhead) and T'Leth (for "T'Leth The Alien's City". Can also unlock the topic that precedes this, "The Ultimate Threat"). Grab two for comfort.

Lobsterman Navigator - in earlier versions of the game to unlock Magnetic Navigation (not needed with the v2.0 patch or the CE). Otherwise can also be used to unlock "The Ultimate Threat". Mag Nav. helps with the transmission resolver, no doubt one of the most useful base modules you'll get in this game.

Any Live Tasoth - to enable the M. C.-Disrupter and later MC Generator, assuming you were able to get the M.C.-Reader right after researching the M.C.-Lab, otherwise it'll stay locked for the rest of the game. The trick to ensure you get the reader is to have a M.C.-Reader at the researh base before completing research on the lab.

Live Tasoth Commander - With v2.0 and CE, you should never see a Tasoth Commander appear on the research list, even if one can legally appear in combat. On earlier version of the game, if it does appear on the research list, DO NOT interrogate it until you've got the T'Leth launch button and a functioning Leviathan.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Lobsterman Commander - Used for the Leviathan (after the Hammerhead) and T'Leth (for "T'Leth The Alien's City". Can also unlock the topic that precedes this, "The Ultimate Threat"). Grab two for comfort.

Gillman Commander works for Ultimate Threat as well