XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Changing unit appearance and armor

Exo2000

Geoscape is going to be comprised of aliens versus humans/x-com already, though if you want to personalize yer men (and women) Ctrl+Right Click on a name in the list and it'll take you to a loadout screen. Click on their name above the stats on the far right and you can personalize to yer heart's content. Oh, and Power Armor makes Muton Natural Armor look piffy. Very piffy.

Great!

There is a way to force UFO2000 to make all soldiers from either side to be alien only or xcom only?

Also, when I ctrl right click, I can't change armor, only weapon, and the weapons appear on the armor space, while weapon space is clear. It's still to be implemented?

{}Overtake

[quote name='Overtake' date='Sep 4 2004, 10:53 PM']Great!

There is a way to force UFO2000 to make all soldiers from either side to be alien only or xcom only?

Also, when I ctrl right click, I can't change armor, only weapon, and the weapons appear on the armor space, while weapon space is clear. It's still to be implemented?

{}Overtake
[right][post="93041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]you can change armor by clicking on the soldier's stats. the Skin option controls it

[/quote]you can change armor by clicking on the soldier's stats. the Skin option controls it
[right][post="93049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks!

About your launcher... there is a way to make UFo2000 to force the screen to be full screen? (I see there is, but what happens is that I get a big black screen and the actual game screen still small on the corner. I'm thinking of a way to make the game screen use all the available space.

{}Overtake

No idea. I get that too. It's if you have a high rez like 1024x1028 or whatever. If you want "full screen", lower your rez to 600x800 or whatever for the duration of the game.

hold the arrow keys in battle to change the size of the battlescape, to make use of high resolutions :)
if you don't want to do this everytime, edit the starting size with UFO200 Launcher (Screen Size settings) or edit the INI directly (width= and height= values). Edited by SupSuper

Not yet, as the demo only supports mutons, soldiers and sectoids. Though when it is near completion, there are plans for a system that will allow the easy integration of new unit "models" or "skins".

[quote name='Exo2000' date='Sep 8 2004, 05:12 PM']Not yet, as the demo only supports mutons, soldiers and sectoids. Though when it is near completion, there are plans for a system that will allow the easy integration of new unit "models" or "skins".[/quote]

And how close to completion is it? I think the beta is pretty darn good (morale needs some fixes) and the overall game is great. Add in the ability of adding in new skins, massive multiplayer, and you got a game that is as good as or better than X-COM. Too bad I can't help in the development, I'd join up and help you guys (but this little thing called "school" hinders me but hey, at least I'm on my way to learning how to program, which is my career goal).

Don't ask me. I'm not on the dev team. ^_^

However, I can say that Flying Suits have yet to be coded (and may not be, due to public demand) and Psi-Amps, Mindprobes, Medkits, Motion Sensors, Blaster Bombs, Blaster Launchers and Flares aren't done. Yet. IMO, Blaster Bombs would be best left for the MMO side, otherwise using the exsisting system on an open map, all you'd need is one guy as a spotter, then the others can just angle in Blaster Bombs and blow the crap out of the enemy. They're n00b cannons, to use the Halo term. Ie, any and all n00bs would use them because they could.

Option for all game modes in Dev: "No Blaster Launchers or Bombs". That would help.

[quote name='Exo2000' date='Sep 10 2004, 08:56 PM']IMO, Blaster Bombs would be best left for the MMO side, otherwise using the exsisting system on an open map, all you'd need is one guy as a spotter, then the others can just angle in Blaster Bombs and blow the crap out of the enemy. They're n00b cannons, to use the Halo term. Ie, any and all n00bs would use them because they could.

Option for all game modes in Dev: "No Blaster Launchers or Bombs". That would help.
[right][post="93891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

And I'd have to agree with you. Blaster Bombs are too powerful in the current game. To make them more usable I'd suggest making them very, very costly and/or making them have a set limit you can put on your squad. And the option idea would be good too.