XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Chryssalids...just run back and forth. Fix?

Guest brocksmullet99

Can you elborate a little as to what is happening. Are they just running circles in front of your soldiers?

- NKF

Guest brocksmullet99
Can you elborate a little as to what is happening. Are they just running circles in front of your soldiers?

- NKF

They run towards me, and then away from me like their looking for their keys.

- NKF

They run towards me, and then away from me like their looking for their keys.

I don't know what is more frightening, seeing a Chryssalid running towards you or one driving a car (assuming these are car keys). ROFL

May you have multiple soldiers together close by and it is having problems which one to attack.

I don't know the exact specifics of what is happening but if reaction fire is involved then this behaviour is normal.

Every time reaction fire occurs melee aliens appear to switch targets. Every second reaction shot seems to bring it back onto its original victim. If lots of soldiers can see the alien, then the chances of lots of reaction fire occurring is greater too. This results the appearance of them running in circles.

Chryssalids (and also Reapers) mainly get your soldiers by catching them unawares or when the soldier is unable to react to it during its charge.

- NKF

turn some of your soldiers away from cryssalis

and this should confirm or deny NKF suspects

if reaction is involved, then your soldiers will start to turn into zombies

I have seen this too, when multiple soldiers were waiting for some 'target practice'

now I have no save with cryssalids to confirm this with ufo

BUT ....

as I am in terror now, I can confirm the same bahaviour with tentaculat

which is terror equivalent of ufo cryssalid ... not exact match, but equivalent

its alien colony mission ( terror quivalent of ufo alien base mission ) .... bases again and again hehe ;)

2 soldiers are ready for reaction shoot, and the same happens to me, as to you

tentaculat makes his run, and when he is almost next to my boys

he suddenly turns back!!! ... and ... hide in the place, when he started his run

just in time, so my boys don't have reaction high enough to fire at him

both are 'rather weak' in reactions ( 46 and 49, which in terror is too weak )

and have about 2/3 of their time units available, just enough for one shot

to me its not a bug, but quite smart behaviour of tentaculat

he would be dead, if my boys shot him with sonic cannons ( terror quivalent of heavy plasmas )

and now he is still there somewhere, and is VERY dangerous threat to my boys

so I guess, NKF theory can be correct

at least what I have experienced from unmodified terror of the deep

and the lesson for future ( if you could confirm this with ufo too ) would be:

0.) kill them in the first place of course :)

1.) always have few guys wait for cryssalids via reaction fire shot, and you should be save

and yes ... most of the time it is hard to do this

yarrow

Guest brocksmullet99
"Every time reaction fire occurs melee aliens appear to switch targets. Every second reaction shot seems to bring it back onto its original victim. If lots of soldiers can see the alien, then the chances of lots of reaction fire occurring is greater too. This results the appearance of them running in circles. " Yes, this seems likely, as I was advancing with 5 or 6 guys across open space at the time. Haven't seen any lids in months though, just floaters, floaters and still more floaters. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...