XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-Com: Full Circle

itworks

I think everyone here thought about a X-Com game where you control the aliens and of course about a sequel to our beloved franchise. So I thought up a storyline in which you can finally play "the aliens" without just having to play the good old sectoids all over again.

Storyline:

It plays several hundred years after Apocalypse. As we have seen in Apocalypse, humanity became quite a bit like the aliens from the first game: Procreation using artificial wombs, genetic engineering, learning by downloading information using psi tech.. This trend continued and humanity, although having a formidable presence in space by now, is having the same problems the aliens had.

Because all procreation is happening using machines and the heavy use of genetic modifications, the gene pool got badly distorted. Most people are "born" with disastrous mutations and/or serious sickness. Many are infertile and can't even "impregnate" those artifical wombs anymore.

Due all this, there are actually very few healthy humans left, maybe 5 billion. Even though human colonies are all over the galaxy, they are very sparsely populated.

One day a scout ship of the Human Empire finds a planet on the edge of the milky way galaxy that is populated by humanoid creatures; the planet is surprisingly similiar to the Earth of old and the inhabitants resemble Sectoids to some extend. After some research it turns out that the planet was "seeded" by the Sectoids themselves, just like Earth, and thus, the creatures are actually even "compatible" with humanity and could be the key to cure all the genetic problems that plague them.

Problem is, these people don't want to live for the rest of their lives in laboratories and neither are they keen to see human breeding camps being built on their planet. And so begins the invasion!

You're either playing the human invaders or the "alien" defenders. The tactics of the humans are comparable to the aliens from the first game. They can't start a full force attack, because they have this extreme shortage of troops due to the breeding problems and they don't want to kill too many of those creatures with doomsday weapons, thus they need to act covertly at first and harvest "live samples" and build bases on the planet to get their production of troops going. The defenders are techologically somewhat comparable to 2050s (TFTD era) Earth and actually outnumber the human expedition fleet by a large number but are technologically vastly inferior at first.

I think this scenario has lots of potential. Both sides are exotic: Humanity is vastly different now and has lots of very odd technology and weapons (Ufopaedia will be interesting to read). The defenders will be a bit more traditional but are still alien enough to confuse the players at first.

Edited by itworks

I like your story. Got some questions.

5 billion of humans is a lesser, healthy part of the population. What is the whole population?

What is the speed of space travel for humans — how long does it takes to go from Earth to the edge of the milky way galaxy?

Do humans have conflicts between the healthy and the others?

Is that aliens on the edge of the milky way galaxy the only ones humans have met?

I like your story. Got some questions.

5 billion of humans is a lesser, healthy part of the population. What is the whole population?

What is the speed of space travel for humans — how long does it takes to go from Earth to the edge of the milky way galaxy?

Do humans have conflicts between the healthy and the others?

Is that aliens on the edge of the milky way galaxy the only ones humans have met?

1. I would say the total population is around 12 Billion. The sick and mutated don't have exactly a long lifespan of course and die quickly.

2. 30 years. The point is that the human colonies in the near of the alien planet are somewhat alone and can't wait for reinforcements because the colonies are spread far apart over the whole galaxy. There are only around 20 million humans that populate the colonies which are in the near of the alien planet, while the population of the alien planet is around 10 billion. Thus the need for covert ops.

3. Yes, but it's not an outright conflict. I would say the mutants could be something like a lesser "caste" and be servants to the healthy ones. The mutants could work as terror weapons in the invasion, similiar to the Chryssalids in X-Com 1

4. Undecided on that one. But I would say yes.

Edited by itworks