XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Another Terrain Mod

Hobbes

For anyone interested, I just finished a beta of another mod to replace UFO's Terror Site terrain, called Hive. It's sort of an alien's little house of horrors.

To download it go to my page (link right below).

Edited by Hobbes

Cool terrain I must say, although if I may make a comment: the stairs don't fit too well with the rest of the terrain tiles :(

Although the bloody footsteps (or whatever it is that shows on them) are a nice touch :naughty:

can they be combined though?  i really like the older area 51 too.

Well, basically it's too much trouble. You can swap buildings between both of them but the routes and the aliens movement will be completely messed, along with the graphics.

But, when playing a UFO game, one thing that you can do is to switch terrains by saving the game before landing on a terror mission, aborting the game and replacing the files. That way you'll be able to use the two different terrains during a full UFO game.

Looks cool! How do you make new graphics to the game? Like it a lot..

I use PCKView and Paint. I can't use XCView for some reason on my system.

Paint is a pain to use, but with some ingenuity I manage to get the end result I want. The worse thing is the colors/shapes and the isometric angle. I tend to base myself on already existing UFO/TFTD graphics and adapting them (for instance, the red color was taken from the dissected cow inside one UFO - you're literally seeing bovine blood all over the place :)