First off, thanks a lot to Stewart for hosting this subforum for my editor. It's very much appreciated, as it provides me with a solid and easy way of handling feedback, bug reports, and suggestions. I created this editor quite some time ago, more as an experiment than anything else. It kind of grew over time, and I showed some people, and they thought it was neat. So I figured I may as well release it to the general public. So here we are. The latest build is 0.95 and currently it should support every game version I am aware of (for both X-com and TFTD). The editor has been designed to detect what version you are running. That said, you are ADVISED to make a backup of your game before modifying anything.
So you're probably wondering what this editor is capable of. Here's a list of (current) features:
- full support for both X-com and TFTD
- edit the stats of any alien (and your own tanks)
- edit X-com craft (and their weapons) and UFO stats
- edit your soldiers (name, rank, stats, etc)
- edit your bases (facilities and such)
- edit the weapons in the game and their power, size, accuracy and such
- edit the X-com armors in the game
- edit the damage modifiers in the game
- edit the names used to generate new recruits in the game
- edit the stats of base facilities (cost, maintenance, build time, etc)
- edit the cost to start a new base, per region
- edit the buy/sell lists
- edit the crews of UFOs
- editor can read and display native X-com art for a more intuitive UI
Download & Help
You can use this subforum to post suggestions, bug reports, or anything else related to the editor.
You can download the latest version off my site: Click here to download the latest version.
Alternatively, my editor is also hosted at StrategyCore. Thanks a bunch to Zombie for this! However, I cannot guarantee this version is the latest.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and enjoy using XcomEd!
Edited by Jenny, 19 August 2009 - 02:23 PM.