XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Anybody Home?

Key-el

This project has been going strong for a long time now. Just seeing that the same names are around today that were around a few years ago shows the devotion to this game.

I stop in every 6 months or so just to see what progress has been made. The server being down is no good :(. I think it should be priority 1 because the game really cant be played w/out a stable server (no duh thanks for pointing that out Joe)

But you guys have been doing a great job for a long time now. Just staying on this project for this amount of time is amazing, and i hope you keep up the good work!

Hey there!

I think I was active 2 years ago when we started to build maps for the game. I made like... 3-4 map sets and many maps add-ons.

My last wish was to create a skyscraper, because UFO apparently supported more than 4 levels, but I lacked inspiration.

I'm still reading my emails about new topics, so the ones like this bring me online to write a line or two.

I don't know why I "lost" my interest in Ufo2000 more than in the original UFO, maybe because I think that

1) the possibility to add new things into the game seems limited (are new races functionnal yet?)

2) the game seems too much different from the original game.

To me, the battles in the original game were about getting out of bad situations with limited equipment and being outnumbered by stronger enemy units. I feel UFO2000 is more like playing UFO in "God mode" with everything oddly balanced so that the strong equipement stop seeming unbalanced. Maybe I get it all wrong, but I feel nowhere near the feeling of the original game when playing UFO2000.

So this why I'm not much active.

• 4 weeks later...