XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ctd - Engineering Faclility

Engineering Facility

X-Net://Pegasus.Net/Facilities/Engineering Facility

Recent scientific breakthroughs and initial reports of alien technology will almost certainly lead to blueprints for sophisticated weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and prompt, the Engineering Facility has been designed. It has the standard 25-meter square footprint, and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this doesn't take into account the space taken up by the manufactured objects, as larger objects will limit the available space and thus the number of assignable engineers. Devices that exceed the physical limitations of the workshop, will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of bulky machinery and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some manufacturing efficiency. Nevertheless, R&D feels that this lack of heavy manufacturing support won't be a drawback, as the production costs of conventional technology would be enormous and mass-production would be impossible. If such a supply is needed, it should be bought via the XCFF and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, the engineering crew uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine-specific and man-specific parts. Production begins once tasks are assigned to the engineers and the robotic assembly line gets programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the blueprints is needed, the engineers are able to directly communicate with the blueprint providing facility via integrated com-links, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to Storage for safekeeping.

R&D trusts that the facility will be most valuable once Alien artifacts are researched, their workings understood and reproducable (comment: this doesn't sound well imo). As X-Corps should be the only proprietor of such blueprints, in-house manufacture will provide security, elimination of production transporting and efficient manufacture.

"Please do be careful Double-oh-Seven. That simple pencil you see has a autogyro powerful enough to demolish a small building"

- Robert Ashley, slightly deranged X-Corps technician.

"Yeah sure, I originally thought it was a good idea to let X-Corps make their own stuff. Then I saw the workshop crew and changed my mind."

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

I already had a start on this text before you guys posted so many of my changes were already addressed. I ended up tossing out my original changes and started over with the current text by kafros. Mostly I tried to cut down on the reuse of words in a paragraph and reworded/reorganized a bit. It looks worse than it really is. My usual notation applies, strikethroughs for deletions, green for additions, purple for rewording and blue for comments/suggestions.

Engineering Facility

Recent scientific breakthroughs and initial reports of alien technology will almost certainly lead to blueprints for sophisticated weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and prompt, the Engineering Facility has been designed. It has the a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this doesn't take into account the space taken up consumed by the manufactured objects, as larger objects items will limit the available space capacity and thus the number of assignable engineers. Devices that which exceed the physical limitations dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of bulky machinery high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some manufacturing efficiency. Nevertheless, R&D feels that this lack of heavy manufacturing support won't approach will not be a drawback, as the production costs of conventional technology would be enormous and mass-production would be impossible. If such supplies are required, it should be bought via the XCFF and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, the engineering crew uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine -specific and man-specific parts. Production begins once tasks are assigned to the engineers and the robotic assembly line gets is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the blueprints design is needed, the engineers are able to directly communicate with the blueprint providing drafting? facility via integrated com-links, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to Storage for safekeeping.

R&D trusts that the facility will be most valuable once Alien artifacts are researched, their workings understood, (read this sentence with a pause here: it sounds better) and reproducible. As X-Corps should be the only proprietor of such blueprints, in-house manufacture production will provide security, efficient manufacturing and elimination of freight expenses.

"Please do be careful Double-oh-Seven. That simple pencil you see has a autogyro powerful enough to demolish a small building"

- Robert Ashley, slightly deranged X-Corps technician.

"Yeah sure, I originally thought it was a good idea to let X-Corps make their own stuff. Then I saw the workshop crew and changed my mind."

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

One thing that bugs me about this report is what the heck does R&D have to do with making decisions about the facilities they will be provided with? Expert engineering consultants I can understand, but effectively, the R&D division probably doesn't exist until after the base has been set up and the initial team is hired/kidnapped...

Lemme try reworking the text to remove references to R&D (Grabbing Zombie's latest post)

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has the a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by the manufactured objects. Larger objects items will limit the available space capacity and thus the number of engineers that can be assigned. Devices that which exceed the physical limitations dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipments will take up time and space that could be better used elsewhere. If such supplies are required, it should be bought via the XCFF and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material and parts can be purchased from global suppliers, it is possible that there may be projects that require materials recovered from the aliens, and as such, be available to X-Corps only. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials from the base stores, and may only continue production as long as there is sufficient stock.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, the engineering crew uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man -specific parts. Production begins once tasks are assigned to the engineers and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the blueprints design is needed, the engineers are able to directly communicate with the research and development department via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unchecked, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps be classified. As a result, in-house manufacturing support will be vital in ensuring that X-Corps is able to produce new military equipment designed by X-Corps' Research and Development as well as Alien artifacts once we are able to reverse engineer and reproduce them.

"Please do be careful Double-oh-Seven. That simple pencil you see has a gyrojet powerful enough to demolish a small building"

- Robert Ashley, slightly deranged X-Corps engineer.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

I think it should flow better now overall. Lemme know what you think.

Edited by tzuchan

I like the second paragraph, it's more informative and flows better :). Unfortunately, the last one is bad, it flows worse and in addition not only was RnD changed to Research and Development, but the phrase exists twice! I think the 2nd should stay and the last one reverted to zombie's version

One thing that bugs me about this report is what the heck does R&D have to do with making decisions about the facilities they will be provided with? Expert engineering consultants I can understand, but effectively, the R&D division probably doesn't exist until after the base has been set up and the initial team is hired/kidnapped...
Actually they do. Don't forget that the X-Corps got founded and you are provided with a running and stock-personel complete base. So, they look around, they find capable engineers/scientists/soldiers that can work undercover/underground/under :P, they get equipment, they organise the main base, and the game starts

Oh, and your quote includes zombie's strikethrough text :(, it would be wonderful if you could remove it from ur quote's text, thanks :)

I like the second paragraph, it's more informative and flows better :). Unfortunately, the last one is bad, it flows worse and in addition not only was RnD changed to Research and Development, but the phrase exists twice! I think the 2nd should stay and the last one reverted to zombie's version

Hmm... I'll see how I can modify the last paragraph. But personally, I preferred the use of Research and Development over R&D, but I think that's a stylistic choice...

Oh, and your quote includes zombie's strikethrough text :(, it would be wonderful if you could remove it from ur quote's text, thanks :)

:Rant: What! I thought I got rid of all of them!

Oh well

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers that can be assigned. Devices which exceed the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipments will take up time and space that could be better used elsewhere. If such supplies are required, it should be bought via the XCFF and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material and parts can be purchased from global suppliers, it is possible that there may be projects that require materials recovered from the aliens, and as such, be available to X-Corps only. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials from the base stores, and may only continue production as long as there is sufficient stock.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, the engineering crew uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man -specific parts. Production begins once tasks are assigned to the engineers and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, the engineers are able to directly communicate with the research and development department via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unchecked, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps be classified. As a result, in-house manufacturing support will be vital in ensuring that X-Corps has access to the new military equipment designed by X-Corps' research department as well as Alien artifacts once we are able to reverse engineer and reproduce them. In-house production facilities will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

"Please do be careful Double-oh-Seven. That simple pencil you see has a gyrojet powerful enough to demolish a small building"

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

For consistency reasons please use R&D in all CTs

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers that can be assigned. Devices which exceed the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipments will take up time and space that could be better used elsewhereTry to reword or remove. This doesn't fit the style. Maybe: "...will eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items." If such supplies are required, it those should be bought via the XCFF and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material and parts can be purchased from global suppliers, it is possible that there may be projects that require materials recovered from the aliens too specific for my taste. maybe "it is possible that future projects will demand know how and materials only available to X-Corps", and as such, be available to X-Corps only. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials from the base stores, and may only continue production as long as there is sufficient stock. is this not a self explanatory fact?

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, the engineering crew maybe just "engineering"? might enhance flow. uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man -specific parts. Production begins once double once tasks are assigned to the engineers and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, the engineers are able to directly communicate with the research and development department via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unchecked, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps be classified. As a result, in-house manufacturing support will be vital in ensuring that X-Corps has access to the new military equipment designed by X-Corps' research department R&D as well as Alien artifacts once we are able to reverse engineer and reproduce them might need a rewording, doesn't flow too good from my POV. In-house production facilities will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

Edited by Mad

For consistency reasons please use R&D in all CTs

Not to be argumentative about this, but is this really necessary? Or are you saying we should use Research and Development as opposed to Research Department?

No, we're using the abbreviation R&D in a lot of CTs, so it would be strange, though - and here I agree with you - not a big deal, to suddenly have "Research and Development" in a CT. So if you really have to, use the whole thing, but I think it might feel a bit out of place.

This is what I came up with. Mad's suggestions rolled into this text as well as some of my own. I couldn't figure out how to make the last paragraph read better, so I flagged the second sentence in red. Maybe someone else can reword it? :wink1:

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment will eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be bought purchased via the XCFF and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material and parts can be purchased acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand the know how and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials from base stores.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned to the engineers and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with the research and development department R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing unregulated advanced military equipment, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps be classified. As a result, in-house manufacturing support will be vital in ensuring that X-Corps has access to the new military equipment designed by X-Corps' R&D as well as Alien artifacts once we are able to reverse engineer and reproduce them. In-house production facilities will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

BTW: What does XCFF stand for? ^_^

- Zombie

Engineering Facility

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment will eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the XCFF and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand the know how and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials from base stores.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing unregulated advanced military equipment, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps be stays classified. In-house manufacturing will support X-Corps by materializing the blueprints provided by R&D, whether of unconventional or even alien origin. As a result, in-house manufacturing support will be vital in ensuring that X-Corps has access to the new military equipment designed by X-Corps' R&D as well as Alien artifacts once we are able to reverse engineer and reproduce them. In-house production facilities will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

Edited by kafros

Starting to read pretty good. Mad, how does it sound to you? Suggestions? :)

- Zombie

Guest Azrael Strife

Some quick comments:

_What's XCFF? (not mentioned in the text)

_" they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility", this sounds odd, it sounds as if the facility was some sort of equipment, maybe just "IN the engineering facility"?

_The header thingy (pegasusnet etc etc) should probably contain no spaces, to more resemble a network address.

Some quick comments:

X-Corps Funding Firms

Azzy has a point that no one knows what that stands for the first time they read it. Especially since as far as I know, no other CT refers to that body as well. A suggestion would be to expand it completely in the text(Especially since IIRC it only occurs once) or replace it.

Also, a suggestion for the sentence that Kafros reworded:

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing unregulated advanced military equipment, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. In-house manufacturing will support X-Corps by materializing the blueprints provided by R&D, whether of unconventional or even alien origin. In-house production facilities will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.
Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing unregulated advanced military equipment, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs developed by X-Corps' R&D division. The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

Some quick comments:

X-Corps Funding Firms

Azzy has a point that no one knows what that stands for the first time they read it. Especially since as far as I know, no other CT refers to that body as well. A suggestion would be to expand it completely in the text(Especially since IIRC it only occurs once) or replace it.

That is not quite correct. XCFF is taken from the x-corps funding CT. But as with any abreviations, this one should be used like: "The X-Corps Funding Firms (XCFF)" when mentioned the first time in a CT, after that they can be referenced as XCFF.

That is not quite correct. XCFF is taken from the x-corps funding CT. But as with any abreviations, this one should be used like: "The X-Corps Funding Firms (XCFF)" when mentioned the first time in a CT, after that they can be referenced as XCFF.

In which case, since it only appears once in this text:

Engineering Facility

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment will eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand the know how and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials from base stores.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, thus ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing unregulated advanced military equipment, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs developed by X-Corps' R&D division. The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

Some minor changes. Green text for additions, strikethroughs for cut text, Purple for rewrites and Red for comments. I think the last two sentences of the second paragraph should be rewritten a little bit (or at the least, reworded).

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers that which can be assigned. Devices which exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology technologies?. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment will eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand the know-how and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials from base stores.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, thus ensuring the best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

- Zombie

Very nice Changes Zombie!

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technology technologies?. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment will would? eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional material goods I'm not sure. this depends on what you want to reference: the guns you buy or the raw materials for manufacturing you will buy. and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand the know-how and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials needed? from base stores.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring the is this necessary? this is an old discussion, but I still thin ktoo many "the" though gramatically correct do disturb the flow of the text... hmm... best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing unregulated advanced military equipment unregulated?, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs developed by of the? to avoid double "developed" X-Corps' R&D division. The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

proposed changes by ruivo

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand know-how and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will directly requisition the materials needed from base stores.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring best production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs of the X-Corps' R&D division. With secrecy in mind, some precautions are to be made when installing and using the facility: Computers inside the installation are completely cut-out from the external world, only connected to computers in other engineering modules and the research department; An security booth [or security guards] is in place next to the facility entry points so that every engineer that goes in or out is searched for pen-drives, recordable cd's and dvd's, photographic equipment and any other device that would allow leakage of blueprints from the facility. Engineers are also searched for pieces of paper or notebooks that might contain notes on the manufacturing of the various items.

Edited by Mad

I'm sorry ruivo, but I don't like the changes for various reasons:

1) The writting style differs much from other CTs (that's not a problem actually, it's normal ;), so no worries)

2) It misses the "scientific report" bit

3) All X-Corps personel are supposed to live inside the base. One could say that they "belong to X-Corps", so there aren't any means of leaking the information to the outside world.

4) Even if there was, I guess X-Corps would have bots/personel examining any outgoing information transfers, so the info would be blocked and the person sending it punished

5) Scientists are supposed to be working there, all these procedures would drive them mad (anger, sanity loss, whatever :P)

More or less, all X-Corps personel have the same vision, and that is to save the world from an Alien menace, not to leak discoveries in the outside world without earning anything (ok, let's say a scientist leaks the information. What will he gain? Definitely no fame, the guy receiving it probably will. Money? They are stuck with X-Corps until the end(?) of the Alien War. So? They'll inform the world as true heroes? Nah they'll probably end up in an interrogation chamber ;))

A post by Ruivo, presented to you by request ^_^

Indeed i've thought about some of that, i would indeed write something saying that engineers are required to live inside the bases until termination of the project, but thought that this was easy to suppose :) But also, that wouldn't really matter if an engineer wanted to give away blueprints and projects. I had cell phones and e-mail in mind to do the job, but indeed i haven't thought about bots and firewalls :S

But living inside the base doesn't nescessarely means beeing required to be there 24/7 right!? If not the engineers themselves, someone eventually goes out to do have some fun.. see their families etc, and those people may be required (or persuaded) to carry some interesting data.

Reasons for leaking information i thought might be many.. Not all nations support the X-Com or Xenocide projects, and those nations (together with nations that have decided to end their support) might be interested in advanced technologies so that they could fight the aliens themselves.. There are always those who think that they can do a better job. Not to mention that if I were the alien commander, i would try to buy engineers - or even infiltrate my own spies on x-com bases - so i could put my hands on blueprints and projects for those avengers, laser weapons, mind shields, power suits.. and all those techs, and develop ways to counter, and better fight them.

Money can indeed be a motivation for potential spies.. it's not a good thing for base commanders to put soo much trust in the good will of his employees is it? hehe..

I just think one can never be too carefull

Ruivo does have a point there. Although not implemented, short leaves to the out-world would increase morale. And it might just be, that someone tries to infiltrate the base. However, we have not thought about something like this before. I guess someone who can infiltrate an x-corps base, will have no problems getting in the labs, protected or not. But the protection you are suggesting Ruivo, might indeed be pretty denerving. But what could do good would be walls deflecting any radio signals, scanners on the base entry and the hangars etc.etc. So I guess we would do best if we wrote a CT about general security in X-Corps facilities... That could be a nice sparetime project. Maybe Ruivo wants to take a shot?

Actually, if you take my Project Xenocide Organization Structure as how Project Xenocide is organized, then we do have an internal security department, the Section 9 XIID ^_^ As a matter of fact, the security measures suggested by Ruvio is probably more appropriate to the entire base as opposed to individual facilities. Maybe we can transplant it to the base access instead.

But the protection you are suggesting Ruivo, might indeed be pretty denerving. But what could do good would be walls deflecting any radio signals, scanners on the base entry and the hangars etc.etc. So I guess we would do best if we wrote a CT about general security in X-Corps facilities... That could be a nice sparetime project. Maybe Ruivo wants to take a shot?

The problem in this CT is that Ruivo proposed many specific changes that actually apply in many other facilities, and those features are IMO "hurting" the common feeling of our CTs. The idea which Mad proposed is wonderful! That way you read the common "security-related" features there and you focus on the specific features of each facility

nice :)

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacityvolume and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand expertise savoir-faire? and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will either directly requisition the materials needed from base stores or produce them when cost-efficient.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring excellent production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unregulated, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs by X-Corps' R&D division. The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

I think this one is more or less done. any objections?

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and available promptly, they will be manufactured in X-Corps bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacityvolume I preferred capacity and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout this is bothering me for quite some time now. it feels out of place. at least to me. maybe it could be a bit more clarified? 'cause I always thought a non-specific layout to be a good thing. , thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would I concur, would fits better here eat up resources better invested in production of non standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand expertise savoir-faire? too aloof I think and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will either requisition the materials needed from base stores or produce them when cost-efficient.

nice addition

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as tasks are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring excellent production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unregulated, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs by X-Corps' R&D division. The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

Concerning your query about the layout types in paragraph 2, a non-specific layout refers more to modularity which usually means a slight drop in efficiency. A specific layout is set and cannot be changed but the whole line is optimized for a sole task.

In paragraph 2, "non standardized" should be hyphenated and in paragraph 3 sentence 2, I suggest the word "job" instead of "task". Task is used too ofen in that paragraph. Other than this, it looks pretty good. No objections by me if this is moved to complete. :)

- Zombie

Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and promptly available, they should be manufactured in X-Corps' bases using the Engineering Facility. It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would eat up resources better invested in production of non-standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand expertise and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will either requisition the materials needed from base stores or produce them when cost-efficient.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as jobs are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring excellent production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

About the "specific layout", it's exactly what Zombie said :)

Edited by kafros

• 4 weeks later...
Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and promptly available keep the production available? Probably needs a rewording. Maybe just remove the "available?" "...as secret and promptly as possible", they these? should be manufactured in X-Corps' bases using the Engineering Facility. Maybe remove; I think it disturbs the flow and doesn't seem necessary. The engineering facility It has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of high speed fabrication methods and a specific layout still, I feel weird about this. isn't a specific layout a part of "high speed fabrication methods" and thus the "enumeration" a double one?, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would eat up resources better invested in production of non-standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand expertise and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will either requisition the materials needed from base stores or produce them when cost-efficient.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as jobs are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to directly communicate with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring excellent production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unregulated, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs by X-Corps' R&D division. This sentence reads a bit as if fit for an introduction, but not for a conclusion, since it is written very "general"/unspecific. The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

• 2 weeks later...
Engineering Facility

New scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep production of such devices secret and promptly available, they should be manufactured in X-Corps' bases using the Engineering Facility. The engineering facility has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

I came up with a couple suggestions for the sentence in blue. Not sure which one you guys like better so I'm submitting them here for consideration.

1. In order to keep the the production of such devices secret and prompt, they should be manufactured in X-Corps'bases.

2. In order to conceal the production of such devices, they should be manufactured in X-Corps' bases.

Personally I like the second sentence as it works better. It may be a little short though. :blush1:

- Zombie

Engineering Facility

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unregulated, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs by X-Corps' R&D division. In addition, new scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep the the production of such devices secret and prompt, they should be manufactured in X-Corps' bases. The engineering facility has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers which can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of an optimized layout that would provide high speed fabrication methods, thus sacrificing some efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would eat up resources better invested in production of non-standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand expertise and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will either requisition the materials needed from base stores or produce them when cost-efficient.

The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

Mad I dedicate the change in purple to you ^_^ :P

I don't have time to see through the rest of the text for needed changes, my available time is extremely tight right now

Nevertheless, if you guys think that my input would be helpful somewhere, don't hesitate to tell me, I just don't have time to work on CTs and come with bright new ideas <_>

Stupid question time, but um, why do we have another Engineering Facility text? It's already in pre-proofing too. :doh:

Not that it matters much as I like this version better... but still. Perhaps we should merge the topics together. :D

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

I suppose we could cannibalize any good chunks in it. As it is the two texts share some fluff. ROFL

But then again, that text was the precursor to the current version so it wouldn't make much sense. Don't know why Mad decided to create a new topic instead of moving the old one to Active again.

He must be getting :Old: (j/k Mad, just some gentle ribbing). :)

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

That my dear friends has happened because the CTs were not organized at that time and I couldn't find a CT named "engineering facility". Of course not, it was named "Workshop". My bad. :Brickwall: Anyway, so I took the CT from the svn, checked it, found it is not done yet and put it back into active.

Oh, and did I tell you guys about my bad back... It really hurts... :P

Edited by Mad

Makes sense Mad. It's good to know we can skin a cat in multiple ways. I noticed a few texts so far with incorrect names floating around as well. Do I have your blessing to fix them myself? BTW, I suppose we should merge the two Engineering topics together, you wanna do it or should I? :)

Better get your back checked out by a chiropractor, it could be a valid excuse. :D

- Zombie

Makes sense Mad. It's good to know we can skin a cat in multiple ways. I noticed a few texts so far with incorrect names floating around as well. Do I have your blessing to fix them myself? BTW, I suppose we should merge the two Engineering topics together, you wanna do it or should I? :)

Better get your back checked out by a chiropractor, it could be a valid excuse. :D

- Zombie

The texts are merged already. (or did I mess things up?) If you wanne fix text names, be my guest, but if possible, please document it somewhere or send me a PM. I hate it when I go looking for CTs and all of a sudden they are not where the were before. Makes me feel like I'm loosing my mind...

Tried the chiropractor, didn't work <_>

The texts are merged already. (or did I mess things up?) If you wanna fix text names, be my guest, but if possible, please document it somewhere or send me a PM. I hate it when I go looking for CTs and all of a sudden they are not where the were before. Makes me feel like I'm loosing my mind...

Good job. Right, if I see some text names which need to be changed I'll send you a PM. :)

Tried the chiropractor, didn't work <_>

Perhaps a psychiatrist then? :Hyper:

- Zombie

• 1 month later...
Engineering Facility

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unregulated, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs created by X-Corps' R&D division. In addition, new scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep the production of such devices secret and prompt, they should be manufactured in X-Corps' bases. The engineering facility has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers that can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of an optimized layout that would provide high-speed fabrication methods, thus sacrificing efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would eat up resources better invested in production of non-standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand expertise and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will either requisition the materials needed from base stores or produce them when needed.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as jobs are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to communicate directly with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring excellent production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

The Engineering Facility will also ensure that such items will be available as soon as they are completed, reducing the lead time before they can be used in the field as well as eliminating transport charges.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

What else could we add? I don't think that describing the whole production procedure would add any value to the text.

Edited by kafros

• 3 months later...

I guess this is really done. Let's ship this. Just one idea:

Engineering Facility

Given the need for secrecy as well as the dangers of releasing advanced military equipment unregulated, it is vital that research and development done by X-Corps stays classified. As such, an internal production facility is required to manufacture designs created by X-Corps' R&D division. In addition, new scientific breakthroughs and reverse engineering of alien technology will almost certainly lead to designs for new weaponry and equipment. In order to keep the production of such devices secret and prompt, they should be manufactured in X-Corps' bases. The engineering facility has a standard 25-meter square footprint and provides enough space for a maximum compliment of 50 engineers to work in a 24-hour period. However, this does not take into account the space consumed by manufactured objects. Larger items will limit the available capacity and thus the number of engineers that can be assigned. Devices exceeding the physical dimensions of the workshop will be manufactured in parts and assembled on-site.

The facility was designed with maximum modularity in mind and permits quick refitting and integration of the latest technologies. Unfortunately, this prohibits the use of an optimized layout that would provide high-speed fabrication methods, thus sacrificing efficiency. Nevertheless, the lack of heavy manufacturing support will not be a drawback, as mass production of conventional weapons and equipment would eat up resources better invested in production of non-standardized items. If such supplies are required, those should be purchased via the X-Corps Funding Firms and transferred to X-Corps bases. Not only will the costs be far lower, but also rapid delivery will be guaranteed, covering the bases' demands as needed. While conventional goods and parts can be acquired from global suppliers, it is possible that future projects will demand expertise and materials only available to X-Corps. In such cases, the Engineering Facility will either requisition the materials needed from base stores or produce them when needed.

Once the research department provides blueprints for a device, engineering uses the facility's computerized planning system to break these tasks down to machine and man specific parts. Production begins as soon as jobs are assigned and the robotic assembly line is programmed. Whenever further guidance or elucidation concerning the design is needed, engineers are able to communicate directly with R&D via integrated com-links or access design records on the X-Net, ensuring excellent production quality and manufacturing efficiency. Once a product is completed, it is transferred to storage for safekeeping.

I would suggest to remove this, since it is kind of redundant and thus feels a bit out of place.

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

Edited by Mad

Engineering Facility

-Dmitri Michael, CoE.

I agree! Congrats!! :D