9 replies to this topic

#1 oldfan

oldfan

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

I can understand when a message appears stating that your soldier has panicked, gone berserk, or became unconscious. However, I think this is too much information when given about an alien, especially when it says "Sectoid Navigator panicked". It is one thing to know that it is a sectoid. A totally different thing to know that it is a navigator (or any other job type). I mean, do they walk with a "I am a navigator" sign on the forehead in English? I don't suppose there is a way to disable this?

#2 Zombie

Zombie

Colonel

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

Ask Seb, he should know how. ;)

- Zombie
The Mr. Grognard of X-COM

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

#3 uncy

uncy

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

LOL, he has a very good point :D fair playing...
---------------------------------------------------
Uncy

#4 Seb76

Seb76

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

I added the option to disable panic messages to my loader. The camera should still move to any panicking unit, it can be disabled later if needed. I did not test it much so report problems if you find some.
Seb

#5 oldfan

oldfan

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

I added the option to disable panic messages to my loader. The camera should still move to any panicking unit, it can be disabled later if needed. I did not test it much so report problems if you find some.
Seb

Thanks! I will try it later on today. Though I assume you did test the X-Com soldiers still work as expected? ^_^

#6 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

Aliens do wear name tags. Knock one out, check its body. Oh hey, it's a "Floater Navigator". :D

I think the alien ranks should only really be revealed with the mind probe or during mind control.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 09 October 2009 - 03:30 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#7 oldfan

oldfan

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

Aliens do wear name tags. Knock one out, check its body. Oh hey, it's a "Floater Navigator". :D

I think the alien ranks should only really be revealed with the mind probe or during mind control.

- NKF

I agree. Or upon research, you find out that one of them was actually a navigator, etc.

#8 oldfan

oldfan

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

Seb

This was tested successfully in one of my tactical missions yesterday. Some floater started shooting like crazy at the wall on the third level of a landed ship after I killed most of the crew. No message showed up. If there is a way to even disable the zoom (thereby giving you the alien's position), that would be great too.

#9 Seb76

Seb76

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

This was tested successfully in one of my tactical missions yesterday. Some floater started shooting like crazy at the wall on the third level of a landed ship after I killed most of the crew. No message showed up. If there is a way to even disable the zoom (thereby giving you the alien's position), that would be great too.

This can be arranged I think. I'll add it to the next version...
Seb

#10 oldfan

oldfan

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

This can be arranged I think. I'll add it to the next version...
Seb

You da man! =b
Seb76 for president!