XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Scroll Speed Issues (only) With Xcom Tftd

Guest daryl

Guest daryl

I'm trying to play xcom tftd on windows xp pro and I'm running into speed issues. The main file is a .bat file (for whatever that's worth). What's happening is that all I'm doing is double clicking the bat file and it runs. It runs fine. All except for the scrolling speed in combat mode.

I have all speed settings, including the scrolling speed, set to 1 (lowest possible).

I have tried compatibility mode (win95) and no effect, other then sometimes not exiting that mode when the program closes.

I have tried dosbox and noticed no change whatsoever in the games performance.

I have tried Mo'slo (paid for the 'real' verssion) and am able to slow the program to where the scrolling speed is manageable, but whenever I click a button...any button...the game stake 1.5 seconds to respond to the click making it unplayable.

How do I slow the scroll speed *only*? (with the game's setting allready at the lowest.)

My solution would be to go and find an old computer (486 ideally) but thats hardly practical for most people. I believe many people use dosbox, which has settings in it for emulating a slower clock speed, read its documentation and see if you can find the speed switches (or there is a thread at the top of this forum which I believe contains advice on the subject of dosbox). Also I believe the collectors edition (a windows port) has fixed the speed issues, but introduced some sound problems, but I've never used it so could be totally wrong about that.

DosBox is the way to go, indeed.

If that's not possible, you can change the settings in combat mode to scroll speed 1.

Also, using the map may help to avoid scrolling.

Mo'Slo can do its part, but alone I found it not very useful on fast computers

do you have the collector's edition of TFTD? If so you shouldn't just be running the .bat file there is a loader that fixes many issues of the game. Edited by testarossa

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest_Flip_*
I've tried using DosBox for Warcraft II but can't get it to detect my CD properly. I'm not that computer-savvy so can anyone give me some tips. I have tried "mounting " the cd but it still won't work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
I have the same problem, I have tried running turbo at 1% but even that doesn't help.

I'm a bit late in finding this, but I accidentally ran 2 copies of Turbo at once...one at 20% and the other at 30% and dang it slowed my comp down...problem is pretty much fixed with xcom tho

• 1 month later...