XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Crash When Encountering A Certain Sub

azzy86

Hello

I have a serious problem with my TFTD. This problem makes me angry because i played quiet a long time on my current saves....

The problem is: On May 15 a "sub spotted" windows appears (the window pops up) but even before the window is filled with words and informations about the subs mission the game immeditately crashes to desktop with an error message. The crash is always the same and I cant do anything to avoid it. What could be the reason for such a crash? I`m playing the CE.

Perhaps anyone could have a look at my savegame and/or try to avoid this bug??

GAME_1.rar

Edited by azzy86

Hello

I have a serious problem with my TFTD. This problem makes me angry because i played quiet a long time on my current saves....

The problem is: On May 15 a "sub spotted" windows appears (the window pops up) but even before the window is filled with words and informations about the subs mission the game crashes to desktop immeditately with an error message. The crash is always the same and I cant do anything to avoid it. What could be the reason for such a crash? I`m playing the CE.

Perhaps anyone could have a look at my savegame and/or try to avoid this bug??

Wow. 5 Downloads but no answer? <_<

Another strange thing is that I tried to get around this bug by deinstalling all of the sonar installations. The craz thing is: I can even sell my whole base but subs will still be spotted on the whole world..... WTF?

Edited by azzy86

Wow. 5 Downloads but no answer? <_>

I downloaded your saved game a couple times, but the attachment system seems to be broken. I sent PM's to 2 of the Admins on unrelated issues, so the first one that replies I'll mention this too. What is the error message you received, and are you using Xcomutil?

Another strange thing is that I tried to get around this bug by deinstalling all of the sonar installations. The craz thing is: I can even sell my whole base but subs will still be spotted on the whole world..... WTF?

Deconstructing facilities doesn't update the stats of your base, they are only updated when you build a facility. What this means is that a base which had a radar system installed and subsequently dismantled will still detect USO's with the same stats as before. As soon as you build another facility (or base) the phantom radar "ghosting" disappears. :)

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

Wow. 5 Downloads but no answer? <_<

I downloaded your saved game a couple times, but the attachment system seems to be broken. I sent PM's to 2 of the Admins on unrelated issues, so the first one that replies I'll mention this too. What is the error message you received, and are you using Xcomutil?

Deconstructing facilities doesn't update the stats of your base, they are only updated when you build a facility. What this means is that a base which had a radar system installed and subsequently dismantled will still detect USO's with the same stats as before. As soon as you build another facility (or base) the phantom radar "ghosting" disappears. :)

- Zombie

A window appears, saying that TFTD encountered a problem and must be closed. Don`t know if the exact error message would help you very much because I use a German version of WinXp.

I didn`t only deconstruct all the sonar and spotting installation, I also tried to build a whole new base but.....same problem!

I uploaded my savegame on rapidshare and here comes the link --> http://rapidshare.com/files/55403719/GAME_1.rar.html

And: Thanks for your help. Hope you can think of a solution or workaround.

Ah and I use the CE of TFTD with Tftdet patch.

Edited by azzy86

A window appears, saying that TFTD encountered a problem and must be closed. Don`t know if the exact error message would help you very much because I use a German version of WinXp.

I didn`t only deconstruct all the sonar and spotting installation, I also tried to build a whole new base but.....same problem!

I uploaded my savegame on rapidshare and here comes the link --> http://rapidshare.com/files/55403719/GAME_1.rar.html

Ok, I downloaded your game and put it in slot 5 along with copies of it in 6-10. Now I took a non-crashing game of mine and proceeded to copy one file at a time into 6-10 to narrow down what the problem is. Missions.dat is the culprit. What you can do is just start a new game, save it, and copy over missions.dat to your corrupted saved game folder. Basically what will happen is that you will start over from the very beginning in terms of ships showing up, but it will allow you to continue playing with that game. I didn't dive into missions.dat yet to determine what is causing the crash. Probably just a misplaced byte somewhere. Anyway, good luck! :)

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

Ok, I downloaded your game and put it in slot 5 along with copies of it in 6-10. Now I took a non-crashing game of mine and proceeded to copy one file at a time into 6-10 to narrow down what the problem is. Missions.dat is the culprit. What you can do is just start a new game, save it, and copy over missions.dat to your corrupted saved game folder. Basically what will happen is that you will start over from the very beginning in terms of ships showing up, but it will allow you to continue playing with that game. I didn't dive into missions.dat yet to determine what is causing the crash. Probably just a misplaced byte somewhere. Anyway, good luck! :)

- Zombie

Thank you very much for your help. Everything runs fine now and I can play without this crash BUT now I have another bug LOL: After I researched the best armor for my soldiers, I can`t proceed researching new subs :( Looking for an editor now....