XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Unit Sprites

steelsoldier

Ive been editing the soldier for a slight recolour, and some other minor changes, for some reason when i play as one in game, some of the sprites have purple pixels on them, why?

Where do those purple pixels occur and can you send in a screenshot?

It sounds like you're using either Bmp format or creating transparency incorrectly somehow (i've experienced this problem in Windows "Paint"). You might want to stick to more advanced graphic manipulation programs such as Photoshop or the free, yet excellent, GIMP, if you are using "Paint", "XPaint", or other primitive applications. Also note that certain file types are for specific purposes (Jpg: larger images, smaller file size, lossy images, Png: lossless imagaes, large file size, for smaller images. Bmp: Microsoft's junk file type, useless).

I am only guessing though, so you might want to give us some more details like Nachtwolf mentioned. I would like to know the type of application you're using, file type (bmp, png, jpg, ...?) a screenshot, etc.

Ive been using Macromedia fireworks mx, saving the sprites as Pngsnapshot_1.png if u look closely u can see on the knee and head

You should check that the purple pixels are either fully transparent or fully opaque. As far as I know the unit sprites do not support 8bit alpha and show odd colors like these if the pixel has intermediate transparency, PNGs for units should only have 1bit alphas.

Edited by nachtwolf