#1 Zapadniar

Zapadniar

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

This should work with the latest beta.

Please excuse the unprofessional graphics. The nature of these weapons should create a whole new UFO experience. Any suggestions concerning the balancing out of the weaponset would be greatly welcomed.

Edited by Zapadniar, 15 March 2007 - 08:50 AM.

#2 John Faust

John Faust

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

they work, but are a bit too expensive to use for standard combat, but when both sides are useing them, it's great!
I thought I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or should I?

#3 Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

Er, what, exactly, should work with the latest beta?

I don't see no files.

#4 Slovenka

Slovenka

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

Zapadniar added more weapons and we worked on the graphics a little. Here is the latest version in attachment.

Attached Files

#5 Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:34 AM

Had a quick gander at this. I was very impressed. The powder keg is definitely fun, and I like the way it can be set off by any explosion in the vicinity - makes for tactical use. The blackpowder weapons are fun, as are the close-combat weapons. If there was one or two things to express concern about, that would be the grenade and the bow/arrow - they should be more powerful, I think. And, as Faust said, they're a bit pricey in general.

#6 Zapadniar

Zapadniar

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

Had a quick gander at this. I was very impressed. The powder keg is definitely fun, and I like the way it can be set off by any explosion in the vicinity - makes for tactical use. The blackpowder weapons are fun, as are the close-combat weapons. If there was one or two things to express concern about, that would be the grenade and the bow/arrow - they should be more powerful, I think. And, as Faust said, they're a bit pricey in general.

The gunpowder grenade? I tried to keep it weak so that it keeps tactical use as a slightly damaging smoke-grenade for charging melee troops, but will do boatloads of damage if you hit a grenadier, hand gonner or hand gonne reloader. Do you think the area of effect or the damage should be increased?

And yeah, the repeating crossbow is pretty shitty for now. I was actually thinking of reducing the clip size to six as well, and increasing the damage and accuracy a little. If an option for a launcher with an arc trajectory comes into effect, I'll switch it to that and dramatically increase the damage, so the crossbow will be a much more rounded weapon and not just a cheap version of the black powder guns. If that happens I'll probably add in a much more powerful longbow too, and a crank-powered revolver.

#7 Zapadniar

Zapadniar

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:24 PM

Does anybody actually play with this weaponset, or is interested in it being cleaned up and revamped? I was thinking of possibly adding a blunderbuss and a revolving cannon to the set, but won't bother if nobody likes the concept of old timey guns.

#8 John Faust

John Faust

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

I loved it! but it stopped working with the new version. So if you feel up to it, i'd love it!
I thought I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or should I?

#9 Zapadniar

Zapadniar

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:42 AM

I just downloaded the new version and tried it out in hotseat and it seems to work fine.

#10 Popek

Popek

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

works fine in online and hotseat with 1086 no problem. You likely have a conflicting file somewhere.