XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Never Thought I Would

ChinShu

A few days ago, I sent my troops on a mission to recover a "touched down" Heavy Cruiser.

While I was busy killing aliens, I went into the engine room and to my surprise found Zrbite on the floor. Now everyone has seen the yellow little item on the floor, but I was able to pick it up! :happybanana:

If this isn't new info then I apologize, but this is like the first time in... probably 3 years of my TFTD playing life to ever see a pic of Zrbite in the soldier equip screen. :stupid:

I've included a pic for those who've never seen it before.

post-3642-1096249421_thumb.jpg

Problem is, most of the Ion Beam Accelerators (which can come in varying shapes) are volatile and explode when shot. In UFO, the power units were non-volatile.

If you use Xcomutil to randomly generate a ship or select a different floorpan, it doesn't change the location of the zrbite and leaves them where they're meant to go in the original floorpan. So you do end up finding stray spear heads of zrbite on the ground that way.

- NKF

Hmm... I don't know about the Ion Beam accelerators in the ships if they explode or not, never had to shoot them or start a firefight in the engine room. They're too expensive to destroy ($250,000 each).

However, I do know that the ion accelerators in the alien colonies don't blow up when you shoot them to grab the zrbite.

Hmm... I don't know about the Ion Beam accelerators in the ships if they explode or not, never had to shoot them or start a firefight in the engine room. They're too expensive to destroy ($250,000 each). 

However, I do know that the ion accelerators in the alien colonies don't blow up when you shoot them to grab the zrbite.

The Ion Beam Accelerators do explode when you shoot them inside ships.

I wonder what that green stuff is that leaks out from the IBAs in the alien colonies though...

Ah, a goopy liquid that's more viscous than water. It's so heavy that it looks like a liquid in an environment that's made up entirely of liquid and other microscopic nasties!

- NKF

Still, it should just add "smoke" in the water, not stay down there, especially once it's disturbed :LOL:

BTW, oil should usually "float up" since it's less dense than water...

Then again, this is definitely NOT the worst part of the crappy water physics in Tftd... Grenades are, with swimming close second.

Getting back on-topic. . .

Doesn't Zrbite show up vertical in TFTD? I found one outside once, in an OPEN FIELD (relatively speaking, cuz it's underwater), and it was vertical. . .