XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Snd - Active Music-entering Terror Site/alien Base

Cavoe

Guest Azrael
Ehh, I'll try to explain this the best I can, since I really have a hard time commenting on music work here :). It sounds amazing, but it doesn't give me the feel of entering a Terror Site... to be honest it make me felt like I was playing a Final Fantasy (I found the music kinda similar). I think it's not dark enough, no suspense... sorry if this wasn't useful, I'm sure ATeX can give you proper feeback :), sounds great though, I'd like to be able to do stuff like that :(

I agree with Azrael. The quality of the music is fine, but it's by no means close to what I would call 'entering a terror zone' music.

Absolutly right... Here's something with a bit more tension :)

V1.2

Unknown Entity

If this sounds more along the lines, I'll extend and/or make it loop better :rock:

EDIT: Fixed link :blush1:

Edited by Cavoe

pretty darn good! Tension is absolutely perfect IMO!

edit: maybe a bit sad.... maybe.... I don't know.... finding errors is pretty hard...

Edited by mikker

Thanks... :D I'll refine it when I get off work and make the abrupt end go away ^_^

Might also do another version of it and see what other feelings I can get get in there.

okay.

unknown entity 1 can be used for entering terror sites and alien bases. However, after judging the two, you should tone down the constant tone, and maybe use one a bit more sinister. But do not totally remove it.

unknown entity 2 can be used for regular missions. Just don't have a large ammount of time where there's no music at all. Keep it rather constant.

okay.

unknown entity 1 can be used for entering terror sites and alien bases. However, after judging the two, you should tone down the constant tone, and maybe use one a bit more sinister. But do not totally remove it.

unknown entity 2 can be used for regular missions. Just don't have a large ammount of time where there's no music at all. Keep it rather constant.

I was thinking the same things myslef, kinda has a feeling of the old X-Com mission music, simple and sinister. I'll mess arround with both after work and see what I can get :D

Now this is a nice concept! I suggest you put the bells in the background and add some stereo image. Add a reverb module directly on the sampler/synth. Then move the dry/wet slider at about 10-20% according your own taste. And also, put the volume down, it's a bit too direct.

Anyhow, it all matters on personal taste. But you've got it going. Keep working this way! ;)

cheers,

ATeX

Cool :)

I had some issues getting this thing to sound near what I wanted, I still need to play with it. The synth gets way out of hand when I route it through the mastering suite w/ stereo imaging, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

ouch... don't put a mastering suite when you're only composing yet :( It will make it very difficult to get it done right. Actually, it's even better to not put any reverb, delay, echo, EQ or any effect/mastering on this thing.

Try to do it the right way from the very start: make your composition without anything but the original sounds. Mix it (eventually while composing) till the volumes are right. Then add some panning, EQ and finally, when all is finished, the effects.

I've done this wrong for many many times, even when I began at Xenocide. It's best to do it right from the start. I needed to learn it all over again because it became a habit. Don't let it happen to you ;)

cheers,

ATeX

Edited by ATeX

Taken some suggestions and updated the track. Added a slight bass to (may be too loud, but I like it). Also did some stereo stuffs to the BG and reduced level. Moved the bells more twords the back (may need some work there).

As is, I think I've got this where I want it, so added a reverb to BG track as proposed by ATex. Only thing else here is a few stereo imagers, no EQ, compression or maximizer yet. I think this would go good as a groundbattle track, But I need some inspiration on how to lengthen it without it becoming boring.

edit: heh, I need to pump the volume up majorly. Was working with speakers/headphones turned waaay up. :blink:

edit 2: woops, might help if I actually put the file on the server :D - fixed

Update: fixed volume

Uknown Entity V2b

Edited by Cavoe

This will be split to two different songs. One for entering Terror site/Alien base and the other for either common Groundbattles or terror/alien base groundbattles. Composition of groundbattle song is coming along nicely and I hope to open an active task on it by Saturday :D

As for this, I'm going to tweak it to make it different from what I'm working on for Groundbattle, but keep what I have down already.

Edited by Cavoe

simple and great!

good addon to the groundbattle. It fits in very nicely. I don't think there's still much work on this track. Both the mood and lenght are perfect.

Ah yes, maybe finalizing/mastering ;)

cheers,

ATeX

Edited by ATeX

I can only check out the mastering at home. I'm in an internet cafe now with very bad headphones. At home at least I've got studio monitors with good frequency handling. I'll check this one out as soon as possible ;)

cheers,

ATeX