XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Yay Teleporters!

So what do I do with them? It says you can teleport over distances (so I guess unlike the vehicle teleporter, you can control where you want to go) and that it consumes more charge for greater distances.

The thing is, I've already developed various systems for different types of missions and I don't know how I could make use of a teleporter (except to speed up the whole running around process).

Any ideas?

You can teleport to any free space in the entire tactical area, and I believe that the time to recharge doesn't have nothing to do with the distance you travel. It's useful when playing in real time, you can use it when the time is stopped to avoid being hit by an entropy launcher or any other type of weapon.

But, for me, the greatest utility of a teleporter is in a turn based game. Using a teleporter and a toxigun each, a group of soldiers can find and easily kill the entire crew of any ufo. For a battleship, I usually go with 15-20 soldiers, and never have to use them all to finish the battle in the first turn. For any other small ufo, with 10 soldiers, you can easily clear the entire place without passing the turn.

There are two times in the game, before and after the teleporters are researched . Simply the most vital alien tech for the tactical missions, in my opinion. :)

The basic gear for my soldiers are (when I have everything): 1 toxigun with two clips; 1 teleporter, 2 stun grenades, marsec torso unit, 1 shield, 1 motion scanner. That's all. On alien buildings I also carry 2 vortex mine for each soldier, and when I have to capture some alien, some stun grapples.

Trust me, you'll probably end up sacrificing your secondary backup shield just to carry 2 extra teleporters, and probably even your medikit for 1 extra teleporter (you only need a few for the whole squad at this point anyway)... It's well worth the long wait just to get these stupid purple teleporting arm brace thingies.

The ability to instantly travel anywhere in the map, do something instantaneous (like drop/throw a primed stun gas grenade, or mind control), swap to a fresh teleporter and move again all without even starting time. It's far too good to be true.

It also revitalises the power swords if you found their usefulness to be dwindling. Instantly teleporting to your target, swapping in a second power sword, chopping away for a game second or two on full auto (you'll kill shielded anthropods/skeletoid in 3 hits - 1 hit from each sword in less than a few game seconds) , swap out one sword with a fresh teleporter and off to safety. Fantastic! A true technolgickal marvel of science.

- NKF

Hmmm. I may use them in alien buildings and stuff then. I usually have a very funny and discrete tactic for raids, and teleporters would be too tedious (although I could rig the whole place with vortex mines).

The thing is, I use 36 dual devastator cannon armed androids (all with disruptor armor, no shields) during raid missions. It's quite hilarious as you end up tearing the whole place down (devastator cannons are deadly against scenery, especially when you miss a lot).

• 3 weeks later...

LOL! I have 150 of these stored up from alien missions while I was waiting to study them. I sold a bunch of them off for about $1mill but kept 10. Its a good idea but takes all the challenge out of the missions. I only use them at the end of a mission to clean up the last 1-2 aliens that I cant find, otherwise I go slay them the hunter seaker style that I'm used too. Strange though, I have got the personal ones but not the ship ones?!? :huh?:

That and Im not sure if I have the devastator cannon yet. Cool, still something to look forwards too! :)