XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Crazy Huge Explosion

illegal youth

i'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it was unexpected. i was just testing out the new beta (0.7.1086), and i fired a plasma handgun and the entire map exploded. the tileset had the crashed plane parts on it.

i have a replay but i can't attach it (the forum says i don't have permission), so i've uploaded it here:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1057525

It's not really an internal bug, but more of a map design problem. I have no idea if the author, Violazr, meant for this to happen or not. I guess you'll have to pray that he is still checking these forums because he hasn't been active recently. Edited by Kratos

• 2 weeks later...
I got the same action today ... it's brilliant. Here is my replay with plane map, where only one unit survived.

i hope it is a map design problem... it seems strange that one shot at any plane part will make all plane parts explode. and, yeah, it's fun the first time, but after that it's not that much fun. when you can kill every unit on the map without 1) seeing the units at all, 2) having to use more than one shot from a pistol weapon, and 3) trying at all... well that's just boring. and it kills the heart of XCOM.