XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Aliens vs Space Marines

Vote!!!  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi there. After being away for some time, now i bring u this little pool...

Wich of those do u think that would win this match?

On one side, u get a full squad of aliens (sort them if u want to, can use terror weapons as well). In the other side (let's say on a rocky planet), a squad of space marines (terminators, force commanders, LIBRARIANS and dreads included, u can also put some other vehicles as well) are drop from their imperial barge.

They all know that there is only one way home... victory.

Now, post ur arguments and VOTE!!!! XD

En Taro Adun!

I do not know warhammer space marines, I do know X-COM aliens. The latter are unstoppable in ground combat with their zombifiyng chryssalids and egg-laying snakemen. And under egg-laying snakemen I mean snakemen from UFO: The Two Sides, each of them can lay more than 1 egg that will hatch into fully developed snakeman after 5 ingame turns. Chryssalids are empowered there too: they can hit targets that are flying 1 level above the ground.

I suppose space marines have soldiers on foot — they will be zombified by chryssalids. Machines will be torn apart by a mass of snakemen that can pick up weapons from dropped teammates.

So I voted for Aliens.

So, that would be 8 aliens vs 8 marines? I think Marines would win - they start out with heavy powered armour, have good guns and most importantly they are superhuman.

an average Space Marine would have higher stats than an a maxed-out X-com soldier.

But then aliens would probably have heavy plasma and blaster launcher, so it could be even.

Ok, lets say it would be a scuad composed of 8 terminator marines + 1 Librarian (psionic protection) + 1 apotecary. They are armed with 2 ATC's, 2 plasma guns, 2 rocket launchers and 2 laser guns (and i take the last ones for they are also used by the imperial guard). Of course, we do also have a couple of dreadnoughts (1 Hellfire + 1 Furious the first one to deal with BL's and the latter one for intermediate heavy fire support while the whirlwinds are the long one), a whirlwind and a Land Raider for transport.

Now, set the aliens side.

BTW Fomka, do not understimate space marines... trust me man... this guys are much stronger, much faster have much better power armors that X-Com operatives. Try to play Dawn of war or read the codex for better info.

Edit: No, wait... let's say 2 Furiosos, 1 on the battlefield and the other one rdy to deepstrike.

Edited by Adun_Toridas