XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART- Civillians: Concept and models

Deimos

Ok, this is how far I've gotten with texturing. I'll leave the model at rest, altough I'm going to tweak the hands some (I changed the previous fists). I've already done much work on the boning department to assure it deforms ok so that's out of the way.

I think I can make a female version from the same model with some appropriate changes.

These are just examples, I'm still very much working on it. I can change the skin colour easily as I have my textures layered so that should allow a lot of variation.

Looking very nice.

RK and programmers: how hard would it be to attach clothing to these models, eg now that we have the base civ model we just build clothes for it and attach them in the game engine?

That failing, we would probably need 4 base models for the male civ: one wearing a suit, one casual(khakis and polo shirt/t-shirt) one with baggy clothes, and one with a robe.

after that we can just use textures to add variety to the models.

Mhhh, can you be more specific? What you mean about inheriting the deformation of the model it is attached to?

Could it be (if it is attached to a bone) then if we move a bone, then we do the same to the cloth? In that case we will have to specify the right bone weight but after that if works in the same way (just follow the skeleton).

Greetings
Red Knight

eg we have the baseic civ model no clothes. we have various clothing items (skirts, jeans, khakis, tshirts, etc) that are separate from the model. to make a civ we randomly pull from the clothing pool and attach the item to the armature(skeleton) so that whn the underlying civ model is deformed the clothing follows the character