XCOMUFO & Xenocide

V2 Patch And Magnetic Navigation?

I'm replaying TFTD, and once again, i'm struggling with the buggy tech tree, but I can't find anything that quite describes my problem.

I installed the V2 patch after starting play, and was careful to ensure that I hadn't researched IBA's or ion armour before doing so. Ihad magnetic naviagation in my base inventory, but it hasn't appeared on my research list. I've tried trasnferring it away from the base and back again, but it still didn't appear. I know the patch had installed properly, 'cause it's fixed a couple of bugs like the 2-part mission one where stuff lying around on the first mission just disappears.

I'm not sure where to go from here, or whether or not my game is screwed. I'm not sure if capturing and researching lobsterman commander will enable magnetic navigation or not. What i'd LIKE to do is stop my research for about 15 days and then add magnetic navigation to my ufopedia (i have 85 scientists so it shouldn't take much longer than that), but i can't find any editors that will do something that specific. Does anyone know of one that will?

Thanks,

EM

If memory serves, the documentation for the patch says that you should not continue any games made prior to applying the patch. That's because the savegame will still have much of the damage done to it by the unpatched game.

Your alternative is to edit the mag. navigation research topic in, or to start a new game. If you do want to continue the game, it might worth a try to capture a Lobsterman Navigator, which was what was required to unlock the magnetic navigation prior to the patch.

It's generally safe to get Ion Armor before researching magnetic navigation. The problem with magnetic navigation prior to the patch was that you could bypass Ion Armor by going for Magnetic Navigation first, assuming you've captured a lobsterman navigator.

- NKF

If memory serves, the documentation for the patch says that you should not continue any games made prior to applying the patch. That's because the savegame will still have much of the damage done to it by the unpatched game.

Your alternative is to edit the mag. navigation research topic in, or to start a new game.

Ah, thanks.

Damn. What i meant to ask (but worded it badly in the first post) was how is it possible to edit a single research topic in? i wanted to stop reseach for a while (to emulate researching magnetic naviagation) and then add it using a utility/"cheat" program.

I can't find any way in xcomutil to do so, and i don't just want a full ufopedia download. Is it possible?

Thanks again,

EM

If I'm not mistaken, the new developer for XComutil, Bladefirelight, has a fix for the major research tree problems that's being intergrated into new versions of XComutil. I recommend checking the XComutil subforum under the file editing sections.

- NKF